“Thanks Vi Pei”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Scarborough
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We don't have a lot of good restaurants near the Guild. Now we've got another one. We've had the steak, pasta and are often there for brunch. Consistently good food and better value.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I've found 4 Vi Pei restaurants in the past year in Toronto. I've visited 3 of the 4 with friends for dinner or lunch on numerous occassions.

Don't be put off by some of their locations; they may be in a Strip Mall or on a major street and don't look anything particularly special from the outside but once you walk in the door it is a fabulous experience.

I love the staff in all of the locations i've visited [ the two locations on Kingston Rd in Scarborough and the location on Yonge Street, Toronto.] They are friendly, professional and efficient.

They are small, plain and clean but the food is fresh, well cooked with a menu to make everyone happy.

We regularly go as a group and no one has had any complaints, TRY IT, is all I can say.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

This restaurant is small in seating but everything else about it is HUGH! The quality, quantity,
Ambiance, presentation and service is hughly top notch! I have eaten there on 3 occasions
And just want to return to try another of their flavour infused meals. My friend and I both had
The Thai shrimp and chicken salad for lunch, it was the best tasting. salad I have ever had
And filled a dinner plate, all for $12. Doesn't matter if its breakfast, lunch or dinner, it's
Always beyond my expectations. I would recommend making a reservation as its always
Very busy, especially on weekends.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Went for supper with my elderly Mom. Small place, felt like we were sharing our table with our neighbours(at the Bluffs location). Could barely carry on a conversation because of the noise. Food really made up for the shortcomings. Excellent selection ,preparation and presentation. Would not recommend it for an intimate night out however. Parking is also a problem. Make sure when you make resvervations to ask if it's the Bistro or Bluffs location(both are called ViPei!). We make reservations at one location but ended up at the other place. They were gracious enough however to allow us at either location even though it was a really busy Sat. night.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

I visited the Location at 3101 Kingston Road. on the advice of a neighbour and was unbelievably surprised. Everything about this place is wonderful except 2 very minor things...but more about those in a minute. Service was fast, polite, and efficient. The menu has a variety of my favorites and the food is well priced, (affordable). The portions were very generous and the food was delicious. The four of us each ordered different items and we were all very happy with our meals. It was a shame that we were in such a hurry to leave, but we were late in getting there and had tickets to Cirque. I would have loved to stay and savour the flavour and possibly add a dessert. Next time.

As for the 2 minor things....seating is a little crowded, but the place is very small. I guess “cozy” is the right word. Secondly, the parking lot is very small and it is difficult to manoeuvre. Street parking on Kingston Road is not an option. I would recommend that you park in the plaza at the Southeast corner of Kingston Rd. And McCowan and take the short walk over.

A great place. I will be back!.

3  Thank Martin G