“Cosy and fabulous food”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Scarborough
Reviewed November 30, 2012

This restaurant is small in seating but everything else about it is HUGH! The quality, quantity,
Ambiance, presentation and service is hughly top notch! I have eaten there on 3 occasions
And just want to return to try another of their flavour infused meals. My friend and I both had
The Thai shrimp and chicken salad for lunch, it was the best tasting. salad I have ever had
And filled a dinner plate, all for $12. Doesn't matter if its breakfast, lunch or dinner, it's
Always beyond my expectations. I would recommend making a reservation as its always
Very busy, especially on weekends.

There are newer reviews for Vi Pei Bistro

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Went for supper with my elderly Mom. Small place, felt like we were sharing our table with our neighbours(at the Bluffs location). Could barely carry on a conversation because of the noise. Food really made up for the shortcomings. Excellent selection ,preparation and presentation. Would not recommend it for an intimate night out however. Parking is also a problem. Make sure when you make resvervations to ask if it's the Bistro or Bluffs location(both are called ViPei!). We make reservations at one location but ended up at the other place. They were gracious enough however to allow us at either location even though it was a really busy Sat. night.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

I visited the Location at 3101 Kingston Road. on the advice of a neighbour and was unbelievably surprised. Everything about this place is wonderful except 2 very minor things...but more about those in a minute. Service was fast, polite, and efficient. The menu has a variety of my favorites and the food is well priced, (affordable). The portions were very generous and the food was delicious. The four of us each ordered different items and we were all very happy with our meals. It was a shame that we were in such a hurry to leave, but we were late in getting there and had tickets to Cirque. I would have loved to stay and savour the flavour and possibly add a dessert. Next time.

As for the 2 minor things....seating is a little crowded, but the place is very small. I guess “cozy” is the right word. Secondly, the parking lot is very small and it is difficult to manoeuvre. Street parking on Kingston Road is not an option. I would recommend that you park in the plaza at the Southeast corner of Kingston Rd. And McCowan and take the short walk over.

A great place. I will be back!.

2  Thank Martin G
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We live in the Guildwood/Bluffs area and it is difficult indeed to find a good restaurant in this neck of the city. Vei Pei has great prices for what you are getting and undoubtedly one of the few good restaurants in a 10km radius. Portions are a good size with an array of grilled veggies. The restaurant is small so get there early for dinner, although they do accept reservations. Breakfasts by far are the best deal for $8 you can get a glorious eggs benedict with fruit, a salad and home fries - delicious! As a family we go here fairly often and recommend it to others.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

Good food, good value, good service, and good atmosphere...what more can you ask for?