“Food was great! However....................”
Review of South St. Burger

South St. Burger
Ranked #3,261 of 9,075 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: East York
Description: Premium Angus Beef and Fresh Cut Fries. Our fresh, 100% Angus beef patties are free of additives and preservatives, flame grilled to order on a char-broiled grill and served on a bakery fresh bun. Our famous fresh cut New York style fries and poutine cooked in sunflower oil and made to order. Over thirty toppings!! Better burgers, fries, shakes.
Reviewed June 17, 2014

The young lady dressing the burgers could use a personality check. This young lady was quite rude. We got the feeling from her that, she really didn't want to be there. The food however was fantastic and the Restaurant quite clean. I also think, that the people taking our order could have mentioned (When they asked us if we wanted mushrooms and cheese) Might have told us at an extra cost. This is our fault, we didn't look close enough at the menu.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Better than most fast food burger joints (minus 5 guys) with a great value and unique product.

Personally had a 6oz burger with lots of generic and unique toppings for free, as well as a side of classic NYFries. When ordering, the cashier asked how I'd like my burger, and it came out just as I asked. Friend got the True North combo, was understandably a little unhappy that all he received was 1 half strip of bacon and a slice of cheese for an up-sell of way too much.

A little pricy in comparison to a McDonalds or the like, but definitely worth shelling out the extra dollars to avoid the Ol'Roy Mcdonalds Cardboard. Also, drinks are $2/fountain drinks, no refills.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

I tried the South St burger place for the first time.I had the small true north burger combo. the burger was charcoal rather than char broiled. it was overcooked dry and flavourless. The bun was stale. Fries were OK. they should be as they are NY Fries. I wont go again.

1  Thank Norm F
Reviewed January 6, 2013

this place is average and I would say overpriced, there are so many other great burger joints in toronto I wouldnt go back here ever but its better then most fast food burger joints

1  Thank tripstripstrips19
Reviewed October 9, 2012

So impressed that the staff take such good care to slice the gluten free bun with a clean knife in a seperate area. The placed in toaster dedicated for Gluten free buns.
Once the burger is cooked, the staff put on new gloves to handle the GF bun. No cross contamination!
Wonderful beef, great toppings.
As well, New York Fries available which are also gluten free.
Would definately return!