“Fantastic brunch spot”

Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We came on a Sunday between Xmas and New Years and waited for about 15 minutes for our table for 4. It was worth the wait! I had stuffed Finnish pancakes with beef brisket and can say that this was the best brunch I have ever had. All the food is made by the restaurant, but I think the beef brisket is different from the usual option of bacon, peameal, or ham. The eggs benedict option allows you to make your own. The rancheros which included guacamole and beans in a spicy sauce was very good as was the salad that comes with it.The hollandaise sauce is fantastic! Hash browns also smelt and tasted great.
A couple of minor points- the hot chocolate could have been hotter and the fresh squeezed juices could have been in somewhat larger glasses.
Great for families, probably not a place to have a lazy brunch since turnover is encouraged as it always has a wait.

Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Finish pancakes with beef brisket was great. Quick service and reasonable price. A bit of a line up to get in so they have people treats for waiting. Extra points for them!

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Although they call themselves a diner, they are not doing themselves justice. The finnish pancakes stuffed with pear and goat cheese, according to my father, who hardly ever compliments meals, was delicious. My standard eggs benedict was also fantastic and even my picky son enjoyed his eggs, homemade sausage and home fries. The only drawback is the lunch menu on saturdays and sundays is strictly brunch, although the food is great. Their lunch menu looks amazing but you can only sample it during the week, which doesn't help those who work and aren't close to the restaurant. Looking forward to trying a dinner as well.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We spent the morning at Casa Loma and were hungry so we searched the web for a restaurant nearby. In about a 10 minute walk, we arrived at Fanny Chadwick's. The place was busy which was a good sign!

We started with some regular iced teas (unsweetened). So good! I had the "Fanny Rancheros" which was toasted sour dough bread topped with fried egg, baked beans and salsa verde and served with hash browns, a green salad and bacon. Everything had that home-cooked flavour to it. Not sure what was done to the hash-browns but they were particularly good!

I wish I lived near Fanny Chadwick's -- I saw quite a few plates go by and wished I could have tried those items too!

We had a great meal! If you're at Casa Loma -- don't settle for the cafeteria there. Take a stroll and eat at Fanny Chadwick's! You won't regret it!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Really nothing special about this place. Service was slow, waiter brought the wrong order, and wasn't really that into his job. Food wasn't anything special for the price, egg salad sandwich was runny, Cesar salad pretty boring.