“Quaint place but the food is amazing.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Fanny Chadwick's

Fanny Chadwick's
Ranked #466 of 8,439 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Canadian, American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Midtown
Toronto, Ontario
“Quaint place but the food is amazing.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Went with four friends for dinner. Lovely service with a smile. All of us ate the platter appetizer. Yummy. Chose different thing's from the menu to try out the choices. My pan fried rainbow trout was delicious. My husband ordered the handmade sausages and he was not disappointed. My friend's husband had the buttermilk battered chicken and he qas very pleased. Think the only down side was the veggie s on polenta. Not the greatest. However that was soon made up with the dark chocolate porter cake......wow. Try the beer infused with watermelon...it will surprise you. You have to try this place...you'll love it.

• Visited June 2013

Toronto, Canada
“Great home cooked food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We decided to visit Fanny Chadwicks because it looked quite interesting from the outside. I think that our group have ordered everything from the menu. The food was outstanding! Two thumbs up...
What I wasn't impressed with was the service. After coming in from a cigarette break, our server cut a piece of pie and used their hands to pick it up and put it on the plate. Then came and served it to us. The smell of cigarettes still on them. Wasn't impressed...
Next time I will say something if it happens again.. Will definitely go back for the awesome food!

• Visited April 2013
Toronto, Canada
“A delicious treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

We decided to visit this restaurant after watching them on 'you gotta eat here'. We went there for a Saturday brunch, fearing a very rowded and a long wait. We were fortunate though because we were able to get a seat within 10 minutes. But it started to get busier afterwards.
I ordered the Finnish crepe style pancakea. These are so delicious - topped with fresh raspberry sauce and whipped cream on the side - nothing too overpowering. My wife ordered the beef hash, and we switched halfway through. The hash is a big dish and quite filling but absolutely delicious.

Toronto, ON
“good "comfort food" with a local twist”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

This local spot has good comfort food types of offerings - BLTs, mac and cheese, club sandwiches, but done really well and in a friendly, neighbourhood atmosphere. They also offer a local, homemade twist - their meats are sourced locally, they make their own condiments, and cure their own bacon......this is food done with pride. I had a club sandwich with a side salad, both of which were very good. Well, the salad was a salad (butter and leaf lettuces though), and the club included bacon jam, which I can't say that I liked very much, but it was a cut above the usual fare.

Visited March 2013
“Amazing grilled cheese sandwich”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

Visited Fanny Chadwick's for lunch and sampled what was the best sandwich I've yet to try in Toronto, and possibly anywhere else - a grilled cheese and brussels sprouts triple decker. I've tried a lot of the supposed 'best sandwiches' in numerous cities, and this genuinely knocked spots off of any of them. Service was fantastic; we were given a complimentary amuse bouche to celebrate the two year anniversary of the restaurant. Here's to the next two years and beyond!

• Visited February 2013