“Terroni Bar Central is Tapas at its finest”

Terroni Bar Centrale
Reserve with OpenTable
Terroni Bar Centrale is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,769 of 9,071 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Price St (Side Entrance)
Transit: 1 block south of Summerhill Station
Reviewed November 30, 2013

If you feel like sharing a meal with friends , and i mean sharing not getting your own plate , Bar Centrale is a place worth checking out . We have been enjoying their fine fare for quite a while , last night was a perfect example of wonderful food great wines shared by all . The small plates are amazing we were a group of 6 so you order 2 of each dish and we never did get around to main dishes , The Calamari and the Tuna are amazing , the salads mouth watering mix that with good friends and wine and a great meal was had by all and you don't walk out feeling like the goodyear blimp . Enjoy well worth the visit

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I loved my experience from start to finish at this restaurant. The service was great, the food was simply delicious. A great date place! I will be back.

Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Most of the reviews here are for Terroni, the upstairs restaurant. Downstairs is Bar Centrale which I always enjoy. The wine selection is among the best of Italian wines in Toronto and the food is delicious. It's an adult crowd (versus the kiddy situation upstairs) and I often go here to enjoy some wine and tasty small dishes. Bartenders are very friendly and knowledgeable about Italian wine (yes!). Nice for breakfast too. I recommend bypassing Terroni upstairs (odd combo of screaming infants and pretentiousness) and go right into the bar.

1  Thank Roxtor
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I'm surprised at the negative reviews of this restaurant. I've been here several times and it's always been positive. I've eaten here after working out at the gym in sweats and a ponytail and never felt like it was pretentious or that I had to wear an "Armani suit" to get service. I've even eaten here by myself on the rooftop terrace with a book and never felt ignored or not offered friendly service. For me, Terroni's has evolved into a Toronto treasure, where it's the kind of place you return to for birthdays, entertaining visitors, business luncheons, and spontaneous occasions of eating out.

The location is fabulous in the peaceful and historical area of Summerhill. The extensive wine menu is impressive with wines from various regions of Italy that you can't find in the LCBO. My favourite dish is the Ravioli di Zio Paperone (homemade ravioli stuffed with duck confit, fig, roasted butternut squash, sauteed with oyster, button mushrooms and parmigiano). It's divine. My next favourite is the C’t Mang, a white pizza with mozzarella, gorgonzola, fresh pears, walnuts, speck, and honey. And with all that rich food, I still can't resist indulging in dessert since their desserts are made in-house and are the best in Toronto. My favourites are the butterscotch pudding and tiramisu.

In the summer, the outdoor rooftop terrace is large, comfortable, and quite cozy. There are many cozy nooks on the terrace and throughout the restaurant to have a private gathering with friends or as a couple. My favourite tables are the ones overlooking the LCBO square. In the winter, there are lovely tables in front of fireplaces. Truly a charming restaurant no matter where you're seated.

We've eaten at all the Toronto Terroni's locations and this one is our favourite, mainly due to the decor and accompanying terrace, the location, and the fabulous staff. I find everyone from the host to the servers are really friendly, knowledgeable, and offer great service.

My only complaint would be that the prices are higher than other comparable Italian restaurants in Toronto.

1  Thank NorthTDot
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Not sure where to start , but the attitude is beyond anything I ever experience and I can honestly say that we've been eating at the top restaurant in the city and world wide. especially for the kind of restaurant it is - pasta and pizza ! Please?!!! we were a family of five people with adult kids we called to make reservation we were told that they don't take reservation, but they reserve many tables for walk in. when we arrived there were so many empty tables , but they let us wait for 45 minutes , when we inquire they said that they reserved .after watching these empty tables for over 30 minutes we decided enough is enough! We took our business somewhere else , enjoyed ourselves . Not worth the wait!

1  Thank TorontoThedreamer