“Fun place fun food”

Terroni Bar Centrale
Reserve with OpenTable
Terroni Bar Centrale is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,186 of 8,715 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Price St (Side Entrance)
Transit: 1 block south of Summerhill Station
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Lots of fun, good italian food, excellent wine list, competant service, great patio,splendid crowd for both lunch and dinner

There are newer reviews for Terroni Bar Centrale

Reviewed June 13, 2013

On a beautiful evening in Toronto, enjoyed the great rooftop patio. The service and food was decent. Very noisy on the inside.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Very noisy, service below average, food OK. It's the in place for those who want to be seen but, if your an average person they don't pay attention to you.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

While this trendy spot looks promising, trendy & intimate, in terms of food, you need to read the menu very carefully as some items on the brunch menu come short of the promise.

We strolled in around 1pm. Many around us seemed to be enjoying what looked like frittatas.
We had excellent German beer, recommended by a very pleasant server. In terms of food, we already had eggs for breakfast & thought we could handle something more substantial. I ordered Grilled Beef Tenderloin, poached egg & truffle oil $16. Beef tenderloin was delicious but a miserly size of a hockey puck, next to it was poached egg, & potatoe pancake with truffle shavings. Four bites, done. Classic case of over-promise & under-deliver.

My brunch companion ordered Arugola, endive, carrots, tomatoes, onions, green beans, potaoes, olives, tuna, egg & anchovy salad for $ 11.00. Foolishly, being a Frenchman, he expected nothing more than an Italian homage to Salad Nicoise. It was not. 'Heirloom Carrot Salad' would have been a more honest name for this dish. The plate arrived with an overwhelming heap of julienned carrots (2 heirloom size carrots), 2 steamed mini potatoes halved, a table spoon of canned tuna, 6 arugola leaves, 3 mini halved tomatoes, & far too many green olives, sliced - a homage to Italy, I guess. Disappointing, had to ask for bread.

Total bill $ 55 with tip. Did not seem fair to penalize the server. Besides, it was Sunday.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I don't usually give a poor rating but sometimes I think if I don't they won't get the message. I agree with a lot of what Phil M said. I went there with a longtime friend to enjoy a "girls" dinner out. We were seated at the end of a banquette the seat of which did not extend beyond the table width on one side so I had to put my things in a small space between the tables. (Making it difficult for anyone coming to that table to get in.)

No biggie on its own. The server was there immediately to tell us about the specials and then realized we hadn't taken our coats off yet so she did correct her timing. The things that made this a so-so meal were: 1) They only serve the dish as it's described - I wanted spaghetti instead of rigatoni - "oh no the sauce is made for the type of pasta so we can't change it." My response was - "yeah in the opinion of the Chef" - so I had the same tomato basil sauce with spaghetti only no zucchini and no shaved parmesan. Is it me or is that not the epitome of arrogance? 2) With our salads we asked for salt and pepper "we do the pepper" and she brought a salt mill - it was only when our mains arrived that I realized she'd taken away the salt with the salad plates. 3) What's with the balsamic vinegar thing? 4) They don't slice the pizza - my friend had a Napoli pizza and she spent a lot of time trying to tear pieces off - my advice? Bring your own pizza cutter.

And finally, 5) It is over-priced for the quality - luckily for them it's in a chi-chi neighbourhood so enjoys a full house pretty much every night. Next time we're going back across the street to Pastis Express!