“Popular pub”

Stout Irish Pub
Ranked #443 of 8,432 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, British, Pub, Canadian
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Downtown
Steinbach, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Popular pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

Stout was 2 doors away from the b n b i stayed at so it was more than convenient. Large selection of specialty beers, and the menu had beefy large portion sizes :)

Visited June 2013

Toronto, Canada
“My Local”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

Great pub, great atmosphere, great staff. Very local, charming with a real pub feeling. Not one of those fake money makers chain type of pub.
I go there on a weekly base for the atmosphere, I live right by; going there feels like an extension of my flat. I bring my grade 1 kids from time to time and we have great time, they are so happy to go the Stout. Kids are more than welcome as they have tons of board games.
Food doesn't worth it though, tasteless , regular pub fares made from cheap cuts. I tried it all and was never satisfied. Adding a cook that knows his business wouldn't hurt but this will not stop me going there. The place is still an amazing place and if you don't like the food then eat somewhere else but make sure to start or end there.

1 Thank Freedompoutine
Toronto, Canada
“Incredible beer selection and cozy seating options”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

4-7 happy hour ($5 select appies and beer) plus a lovely fireplace, lots of cozy seating options and the most massive beer selection I have seen outside of Europe.
Service was prompt and friendly, the food was good - huge portions but lacking in a little flavour. There are also loads of games and magazine offered so you can stay here, tucked in from the cold for hours on end.
We will be back here for sure!

• Visited December 2013
Bracebridge, Canada
“Excellent discovery - best beer selection in T.O.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

Had a business meeting in the area, saw the amazing beer list and dropped in for a late lunch. Shared the Irish Nachos which were superb but really blown away by the service and knowledgeable staff. That really made this a place I want to come back to.

• Visited September 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great place to chill or have a meal.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

I dropped by here one night after out dancing (square dancing not that exciting) ... had a few brews and some "boston chowder." Now I've been to boston many times and this was nothing like their chowder, very watery and tomato-e. The funny thing though is it was AMAZING. I kind of wish I had come back for a more extensive dinner because it was delightful and had a fantastic selection of brews.

The best though was the bartender ... such a nice guy, talked with me since I was alone, very attentive and just an all round nice guy. I dont remember his name but he was a younger slim, possibly asian fellow. (I only mention so if the restaurant reads this they can aknowledge him)

I will return my next trip to Toronto.

• Visited May 2013