“Home sweet home!”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Toronto has so many pubs, bars and restaurants. This one is one of my favorite pubs. It is the only one that I've been that make me feel at home. The staff is great, so friendly and provide great service. They are always smiling and they know how to make you feel welcome. This place has a heart and the heart is Erin. The owner, Erin, is a perky and beautiful woman with great vision for business. She knows how to please and she knows what her customers expect. The food is great. I love the shepherds pie (slow cooked lamb), my favorite dish at Stout, and it was once showcased on The Toronto Star. The fish and chips are perfect (I can get it enough, even tough it is not halibut). The sweet potatoes fries are a must. The beef burgers are incredible, they never disappoint me. The chicken wings are truly delicious. The chicken wrap is fantastic. I could go on and on. But the best thing about this pub (besides the incredible atmosphere) is that hey have a great selection of beers (out of the ordinary) on tap and bottles. I truly love this place and it's daily "hoppy hour".

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Excellent beers and quality pub food; the Irish nachos are very good, the sweet potato fries are perfect and the deep fried sour pickles are to die for. The staff are friendly and very efficient. A great place to meet and have a drink with friends.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I travel all over this great nation for work. I live in the west (Yukon, Alberta, BC) and I don't know Toronto all that well. I had a week's stay in Toronto in Cabbagetown and checked out this "local pub". The staff and friendly and personable, I ask them about transit, sights, restaurants and they take the time to answer all my questions and I have an awesome time in Toronto. They save me tons of money and make me feel more then welcome. I've been coming back here every night (tonight is night 6/7)!!! The beer selection is excellent, great limited run, craft, micro-brew and popular imports to drink, Their food and drink specials cannot be beat. Thanks you "Stout Irish Pub" and thank you Paul for your excellent advice and service. - Matt

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I walk by this Pub often but never try, until now. Great location on Carlton St. on the edge of Cabbagetown with a cozy living room feel with the fireplace and windows that look onto the street, an upper area in the back around the bar area. Dinner was quiet, with only 3 or so other tables but we were looking for a place to get into quickly for a fairly fast dinner with no crowds. I had the curry and my partner had the shepards pie. The presentation is great. It did not look like a regular Irish pub fare. Unfortunately both dishes were bland, not bad, just tasteless. I realize pub grub is never spicy but it really was missing flavour. Service was fine and met our needs. I would go back for another try but will have something different.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I like that there was ample choice of brews and beers. A cosy spot with a nice fireplace as you walk in. They also have lots of games you can play. Atmosphere was very friendly. Would go back again.