“Bruschetta is awesome!”

Ranked #2,350 of 9,135 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Welcome to Hey Lucy, Authentic wood burning oven, hand stretched pizza, fresh pasta, great patio, casual pizzeria and bar, great music, popular weekend brunch and of course our famous Wednesday night martini feature... Our concept is built around a lot of things the most important is you and how we look after you as a guest. We offer authentic wood burning oven pizza from pizza ovens that are hand made in Italy, we use only DOP tomatoes for our made on site pizza sauce. Our Martini menu has over 20 selections and the great part is they're only $4.49 Every Wednesday. 440 Bloor Street West - in the heart of the Annex This location that opened in December of 2009 offers a fantastic west facing street level patio and trendy new decor with great wood burning oven Pizza. Our bar features HD flat screen TVs with all the sports events, a great draft beer selection and don't miss our weekend brunch feature. Casual dress, watch the game at the bar, family dining, late nite date night, chill on the huge patio.
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I went here with a friend for after-work drinks and appetizers and it had a nice vibe. The bruschetta was fantastic!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stumbled upon this place when we were looking for good food in the rain. The menu was standard "bistropub" fare, and included stone oven pizzas, sandwiches, and pasta. (Plus nachos and fried appetizers)
The veggie selection wasn't great (one or two pasta dishes, one sandwich, and a few pizzas), but the grilled veg sandwich was delicious. The sweet potato fries were good, but the chipotle mayo was disappointing.
My husband had steak tomato pesto pasta, which he gobbled down.

The drinks were the best part. They have a fancy menu few of martinis, which are cheap on Wednesdays and not so cheap the rest of the week. I believe they were split into regular martinis at 8.99$ and premium martinis at 11.99$.
I tried two of the sweet martinis and they were great!

The service was good, but a bit inconsistent.

I would definitely return IF I was in the area, but I would never purposely visit the area simply to eat here.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Their pizza is pretty good; but disappointe with their limited beer selection. The atmosphere is great but the service is extremely slow (both locations, king st and bloor st), this is something they definitely should improve on.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Yes, we all liked the food. It has a cute little rooftop eating area in the back away from the street which was really nice that evening. But our first impression came from the hostess who sat us. Obviously we didn't meet her hipster ideal. She and the bartender gave us a looks of panic and disdain as we entered. She heard we wanted dinner, rather than directions to McDonalds as she had probably hoped, and sighed and trudged us up to the rooftop. Once she left we had a very nice server and a good experience. Let me just explain that although tourists we always dress nicely to tour in cities and not just t shirts and shorts! Our kids are also well behaved teenagers so it wasn't that either. HEY LUCY, first impressions matter!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We decided to try this place out on a Friday night. We ordered a salad and were given the wrong one. We told the waitress that it was incorrect and she came and corrected it. Being a lover of tomato and boccaccini cheese (a take on the Italian Caprese) salad, I noticed that the mozzarella cheese was dry and that made the salad less enjoyable for me. Afterwards, we ordered the main course and my husband did not receive what he ordered.The staff again corrected their mistake and they did provide us with complimentary drinks. The food was ok. However, for this quality food, the restaurant is too overpriced. I had a pasta which was plain and nothing special. My husband said he thought his pizza was flavorless and tasted like eating rubber. The atmosphere was ok except for the fact that we were given a table at the back of the restaurant where the waitresses were complaining about the customers on the patio in loud voices and occasionally using inappropriate language. Overall, we will not be going back,