“Tasty food and incredible ambiance”

The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Mansion
Reserve with OpenTable
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Mansion is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 8,643 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Mississauga, ON
“Tasty food and incredible ambiance”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Came here on a Sunday so no waiting - bonus! Requested a table upstairs but they were already full at 5 p.m. - however, there was seating downstairs. The ambiance in this place is amazing...oh, and they serve great food, too! I had the 12 oz striploin and it was cooked to perfection. The shrimp and scallop appetizers were great, and of course, the incredible Billy Miner's Pie! A bit expensive for what you get, but I'd still recommend this place again.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sault Ste. Marie
“Yummy food and beautiful atmosphere ”
Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

Went here after reading its history - love the haunted history. Steak was scrumptious, service excellent and mansion was maintained to showcase the original character. After dinner we went upstairs to have an after dinner drink but weren't visited by any spirits- a must while visiting the area!!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Is this a FAST FOOD Restaurant?”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We were very hungry when we arrived. My son and I ordered steaks medium well while my husband ordered a shrimp dinner. My son's filet arrived rare and had a lot of fat throughout as did my steak. Both steaks had a funny, unpleasant flavor. Our waitress arrived maybe 5 minutes after our dinners and asked if everything was ok. We said yes as at the time we didn't cut into our steaks yet. When we called her back 10 minutes later after tasting 2 or 3 bites, we let her know the steaks were unsatisfactory. She called the manager to our table after apologizing. When the manager arrived she asked if we wanted our steaks done to medium well and I explained I didn't have much confidence in the chefs as that was the way we ordered the steaks but they came out so fast there was no way they could have been cooked as ordered. There wasn't enough time. Shouldn't a good chef know that? Also, I wasn't sure if she meant re-cook the steaks we had or cook fresh ones? In either case we lost our confidence in their ability to cook steaks beyond rare. My husband was finished with his shrimp before the manager arrived so what was the point in waiting around for them to cook the steaks to order? The manager was nice and took our steaks off the bill so we only paid for hubby's meal and drinks.
All 3 dinners arrived within 5 minutes of ordering hence the review title. Were they trying to rush us out? We were looking forward to a delicious and relaxing dinner with dessert not expecting to stay much more than an hour or so. Maybe with some retraining, the chefs can put out steaks to order and spend more than 5 minutes cooking, plating, and delivering a meal.

Would like to return to this place if future reviews show the food has improved.

1 Thank Josephine S
Toronto, Canada
“Great - A regular Haunt”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Fantastic Steak, some of the best ever. Been here about 6 times this year, always a top choice for my partner, friends and I.

Love it.

Visited August 2013
London
“Better Food, Bigger Price”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

This restaurant has great service and great food (apart from the coffee), but it is one of the more expensive places I've visited in Toronto. The New York strip loin (12 oz) was nicely seasoned and cooked, but a friends steak (7 oz) was tiny. The desserts were real fillers. For a straight entrée and a couple of drinks each, $50 is a bit on the high side but the restaurant was busy (it is large, so I think you'd always get a seat) so, like me, customers seem to be willing to visit again for a nice up market meal.

1 Thank LondonMikeS