“Not as Good as Others but the Decor!!!”

The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Mansion
Reserve with OpenTable
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Mansion is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 8,899 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I've been to many Kegs, including the Mansion Keg, but this one, not for several years. The interior is exquisite, and the exterior lets you feel as if you're dining in a first-class establishment. The menu is the same at all Kegs but the food prep is not. I always get a double Bloody Caesar--the Keg is known for their yummy BCs--but this one tasted too boozy and I didn't finish my drink (which never happens). My friend and I both had the sirloin 8 oz. Mine was tough and when the waiter asked how it was, I told him. He offered to bring another, but I said no. Then the manager came and insisted on bringing another and did, saying "I want you to love it!" I ended up with two 2 steaks, 2 baked potatoes, 2 servings of veg, and couldn't eat all that, of course, so I took the rest in a doggie bag and gave it to a street person. The second steak was not tough. Both steaks, though, were marinated to the point where the marinade was too evident. The salad was good, the bread good, veg and potato good, the creme brulee dessert good. But the steaks were not the quality I'm used to, neither of them, and this resto is wonderful for the superior decor but if you value taste, the Keg downtown is far better, and that goes for the drinks as well. I can't fault the staff with anything--both the waiter and manager were very nice, and the hostess too. But I came for the steak and it was a letdown. My friend said his steak was fine but he's not a steak-eater to begin with so he wouldn't be able to judge properly. I think the sheer volume in this resto is what makes for a weaker main.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We had reservations for 6 people on the evening of Monday, 26 August to celebrate my birthday. We were pleasantly surprised to find they had reopened a closed room just for our party. We enjoyed prompt service from both the servers and the bar and kitchen staff. Our server was extremely pleasant and efficient and the food was delicious. The mansion's architecture and decor is so grand and appealing. Apparently, it is haunted by a member of the Massey family who were the original owners. It is my "go to" restaurant when visiting Toronto.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

If you like the Keg, then this is the one to visit. Food was excellent, service was fast and friendly. Great atmosphere for any occasion.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Steaks are great, I always go there when I have a craving for juicy red meat in the GTA! Never disappointed

Reviewed August 31, 2013

My husband and I went on a Friday night around 7pm. They don't take reservations on Fri/ Sat but we only had to wait 20 min. We were seated in a timely manner in comfy club chairs. We had the baked goat cheese appetizer which was wonderful. We both ordered a filet and both felt it was one of the best steaks we have ever had. Very tender and full of flavor. Our waiter did not smother us or rush us out (which we like). This was a very romantic night for the two of us. One where we could sit and talk and actually hear one another. I never heard other patrons which was another plus. You would never know that this is a chain restaurant.