“Romantic Dinner” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Mansion

The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Mansion
Reserve with OpenTable
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Mansion is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 8,404 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Romantic Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

My husband and I went on a Friday night around 7pm. They don't take reservations on Fri/ Sat but we only had to wait 20 min. We were seated in a timely manner in comfy club chairs. We had the baked goat cheese appetizer which was wonderful. We both ordered a filet and both felt it was one of the best steaks we have ever had. Very tender and full of flavor. Our waiter did not smother us or rush us out (which we like). This was a very romantic night for the two of us. One where we could sit and talk and actually hear one another. I never heard other patrons which was another plus. You would never know that this is a chain restaurant.

• Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Marco Island, Florida
“Over-rated!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

This is the first time, I was disappointed by the positive comments by others for a restaurant receiving 4-5 stars here on Trip Advisor. Usually, the top picks are spot on! Therefore, I am going to write this honest review. Maybe my wife and I had an unusual experience, but I think others should be aware of our experience. First the outside appearance of the property is un-kept (trash in parking lot and in entryway stairway), and the parking lot access from the street could use an update. Once inside, the hostess for our check in was slightly rude to us. We did not get the feeling of being welcomed to the restaurant. However, we did get seated promptly which was good. The waitress approached us, and was just concerned with what we wanted to order right away. She never asked if it was our 1st time to the restaurant, celebrating anything special, or any personal touch. I would have liked to have been told about the Mansion which is why we went there, and sets this Keg location from the others. Again, we got the feeling of not being welcomed, or cared about for dining there. We ordered our dinners, it was a simple order (no special requests, or deviations from the menu). The food came and it was the wrong items. Had to wait nearly another 20 minutes until the correct order was served. The Steaks were good, but the rest was average, unlike all the other restaurants we dined at in Toronto. We found it hard, not to get an amazing meal in this city! I will say the manager came over to apologized extensively, after the server told him she messed up our order (we did not initiate any complaints, or cause a scene). We kept our concerns private until the manager approached us. He was the only positive part of our experience, and really tried to apologize, and work on the issues we experienced. Overall, this seemed to be a "pump the people in and out" restaurant as quickly as possible establishment. If you are looking to have a romantic dinner with your spouse on vacation, 1st date, anniversary, I would say this is not the place.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Marco_Rider
Cobourg, Canada
“Wow can't wait to come back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Had a wonderful dinner. When we arrived, we were asked if we were celebrating anything - we told them it was our 25th anniversary and the server reappeared with a small bottle of champagne to celebrate! Had a deliscious dinner and then the server appeared with a complementary dessert - all decorated with a sparkler! What a fantastic evening!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thunder Bay, Canada
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We had th prime rib- medium rare. It arrived cooked to perfection and although the restaurant was packed the ambience was perfect with little noise heard from the many surrounding tables

Visited July 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
“The Perfect Dinner In Toronto”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

My sweet hubby and I were in Toronto for a 3 day weekend. I had jotted down some must-see places from Trip Advisor prior to getting there and The Keg Mansion was definitely one of them. Toronto is an absolute food mecca and it was difficult fitting so many amazing restaurants into 3 days. We had dinner at The Mansion on our last day and this review does not do it justice. There are several Keg steakhouses in the Toronto vicinity (I think there is one in Niagara Falls now too) but this is the only one in a very special location – an actual former mansion!

Our hotel was a bit far from The Mansion so we took the subway halfway and then walked the rest of the way so we could see some of the sights on Jarvis Street. The strategically placed lighting outside The Mansion gave it a beautiful haunted look but inside everything was warm and inviting. We did not have a reservation and there was quite a bit of people waiting on the ground floor…we chose to wait at the bar upstairs but before our first drink even arrived, we were seated! Yes we felt special even if it was just coincidence :)

We were seated in the upstairs dining room at a cozy table tucked to the side. There was a large bachelor’s party table seated in the middle of the room and they were very rowdy the entire time which kind of killed some of the ambiance in the room. The downstairs was extremely noisy but the upstairs was supposed to be more “mellow” I think. The lights were extremely dim all throughout The Mansion (and I mean dim to the point where you needed to bring your menu to the candle at the table in order to be able to read it!) and while some people might dislike that, I absolutely loved it. Also, there was a strong smell of leather all throughout the room and I’m not sure where that was coming from but it really added to the whole Mansion experience hehe. I mean, who doesn’t like the smell of leather!

Our waiter was absolutely awesome and when he heard we were not only from Pittsburgh (it was during hockey playoffs...need I say more?) but also first-time Toronto visitors, he took a great time to recommend local craft beers for my husband and wine for me, and give us tips on what else to see in the city before we leave. He was very attentive despite serving several other tables (including the large bachelors’ party table). We both ordered the filet mignon (mine classic and hubby’s bacon wrapped) and then some crab cakes and shrimp cocktails for appetizers. The food was outstanding… the steaks were extremely thick, cooked to perfection, and tasted so good! We are both very carnivorous (haha) and eat steak often but this was honestly one of the best we’ve ever had. When we finished eating, we drank our beer/wine lazily and never felt pressured to hurry up. It was the perfect dining night out!
We would highly recommend this particular Keg location, so skip the one in downtown and come here instead! It will be worth the drive/subway ride, we promise :)

• Visited June 2013