“Delicious - with attention to detail~”

The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Mansion
Reserve with OpenTable
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Mansion is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 8,469 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Canadian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown
Markham, Ontario, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious - with attention to detail~”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We were hoping to arrive early to avoid the wait but alas after a full day of shopping we arrived at 6:00. The wait was approximately 30 minutes and this is to be expected at the Keg. Resting our weary feet in the bar and getting rehydrated with ice water was a welcome relief. Our server remained pleasant even though we didn't by alcohol.

Alice served us very well and Mark the manager was overseeing our area with professionalism. My husband ordered the Prime Rib Classic - which he says was amazing. It was. I ordered the Black Cod which was also superb. My husband preferred his Prime Rib to my Cod and I preferred my Cod to his Prime Rib. That makes 2 happy people!

The meal for the two of us was $84.00 1 Caesar Salad, Cod (winter feature which ends this weekend), Prime Rib, 1 chocolate Cake - no drinks. We don't eat out very often so a wonderful treat! Thanks so much Mansion Keg for a wonderful evening!

• Visited March 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Belleville, Canada
“Excellent Family Restaurant!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We are a family of 2 adults and a 7 yr old child. We made reservations after reading excellent reviews online and are looking for a really nice place to go as a family during our vacation to Toronto. Somewhere decent after a long day in the City. I would suggest making a reservation on Thursday night as it was extremely full and busy. Our waitress was excellent, genuinely nice and friendly. She was very good to our child and the kids' meal is a steal at $9.95 for most except the steak which was $13.95 (all of which was amazingly priced!). Kids meal includes a starter of veggies & fruits, main course(my child got the mini Keg burgers $9.95), drink and an ice cream dessert. He also got a colouring sheet with crayons to keep them busy while waiting. I love the fact that they did not take away my child's glass water globet and replace it with plastic cups! Sharp steak knives were also remove promptly as soon as we were seated from my kid. *2 thumbs up!* For us adults, we got the Thai chili chicken, Creole chicken (topped with shrimp & scallop..sooooooo GOOD!), and a calamari to start. The calamari was delicious. Warm bread were also served at the table. The meals for the us (the adults) were $20.99 and $25.99 respectively. Wealso got a glass of wine (Keg sized 9oz) and it was great! Everything about this restaurant is just so lovely. Our table is right by a fireplace...cosy and just so relaxing. The serving is very big. Definitely worth the money spent on a nice, full meal after a long day. Also, the food to table time is really fast! Our bill came up to almost $100. Worth every penny for the people you love! We will go back there again in the Summer. I gave the atmosphere a 4 because it can get pretty loud in the dining room , which may not be ok for some people. The loudness is from everyone chattering at the same time -which is a good thing, but not for intimate quiet seeking couples. ;)

• Visited March 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Great value and great food!”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I went here for a family dinner in December. It was delicious and a great value. I loved our server. She was very sweet without being fake. I would recommend not getting an appetizer, since the meals are so big. I did get a Billy Miner Pie and it was awesome!

• Visited December 2012
Chicago
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent service but avoid Sat nights”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

After talking with some locals we cancelled our reservations @ RuthChris to try the Mansion. Unfortunately we hit them 7:30ish on a Sat. Bar upstairs and overall was beyond packed, with couples 2 deep waiting for others to leave and pouncing on any available chairs & couches. After a 60min standing wait we finally got seated and had a wonderful meal. Everything was tasty and well prepared though the room was a bit noisy for our liking. We dressed up which was a mistake as this place is casual. My steak was undercooked but their response was fantastic, re-doing the rest of the plate, both server and manager first appology, then follow-up, then crediting part of our dessert. Not sure why they don't accept reservations but it might help the overcrowding in my opinion.

• Visited February 2013
Kapuskasing, Canada
“Enjoyed the evening”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We dined at the Keg Mansion on Valentine's Day and had a wonderful evening with superb service and awesome food. The wait at the bar upstairs was very crowded which was to be expected considering the night but, I do think they could have had better bar service with more staff as I am sure they knew it would be a very busy night.
Once we were seated downstairs things were much more relaxed and we did not feel rushed at any time. Our waiter was extremely attentive and took great care of us.
We have dined here many times and have never been disappointed, we will return every time we visit Toronto.

• Visited February 2013