“Dinner in the library please!”

The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Mansion
Reserve with OpenTable
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Mansion is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 8,947 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We ate at the Mansion with friends a few weeks ago. One of our concerns had been to be seated in one of the smaller rooms where the noise and activity would be less. This was a special visit with friends from out of town and we really wanted a good visit as well as a good meal. We had asked for a table in an area where we had eaten previously, but did not get that - however, we were pleasantly surprised to be seated by the fireplace in what I think is the library. The place was packed - it was a Wednesday evening in early November and so we were surprised! Our waitress was perky and very efficient. We had salads - mine must have been made from an entire field of spinach. I had chicken, the others had ribs, fish, and steak, and we were all happy with our choices. We find that, with drinks, the prices are higher than what we like to spend when we go out and so it is always a special occasion to go to the Keg. Thankfully each of these has been very successful. Critical to reserve!!! Ask for one of the smaller rooms unless you are happy in a crowd!

1  Thank tommy027

Reviewed December 11, 2012

One of the best steaks I have ever had, they cook it to your liking perfectly and top with beautiful garlic butter, yum, yum

1  Thank Debbra99
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I know, that's a huge claim. But I have eaten at Mortons, Lowreys, Ruth's Chris, and the prime rib here was the best I have every had. My associate got the Sirloin. Again, fantastic! Wonderful waitress. Very friendly and proper. Overall, a great experience.

1  Thank Maurice N
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Parking here can be a bit of a headache but the old mansion is spectacular. It's a Keg so I won't need to delve into how great the food is. When you go, if you are a fan of neat old buildings, take the time to walk through the place and go to the 2nd floor if they seat you on the 1st floor. It's one of the nicest old buildings in Toronto in my opinion.

1  Thank reffz
Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

I had the teriyaki sirloin steak keg dinner. The meal came with a really crisp Caesar salad and a hot fresh loaf of bread with butter. It was the best steak I think I've ever had! Not a piece was too fatty; I ate the whole steak. The garlic mashed potatoes are well known for being amazing so I would highly recommend that as your side dish. I had the apple crumble for dessert, it was great and the ice cream it came with tasted like premium Haagen Dazs. Overall atmosphere is outstanding. I didn't want to leave! I'll definitely be back.