“ideal airport stay”

Best Western Plus Travel Hotel Toronto Airport
Ranked #26 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed September 23, 2007

Stayed at the best western for three nights arrived after a flight from the UK tired had pre booked and just wanted somewhere not far from the airport as it was our first time to toronto. We were pleased with the room overlooked the golf course and had everything you would need for a short stay, clean roomy fridge microwave nicely decorated free car parking and breakfast hot and cold.The staff were friendly and delt with and questions.
Free use of internet pc available.The area is close to the major highways for access to toronto.There are a number of restaurants and fast food outlets also an indoor ten pin bowling
sprt centre within walking distance which has a bar and food cheaper beer and pizza fries, there is a petrol station near by also.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank harryhols
Write a ReviewReviews (1,067)

Reviewed July 1, 2007

Great value!

Rooms: bright, spacious, clean, great Simmons Beautyrest bed. Free coffee and tea in the room. Features a fridge with a small freezer, and a microwave.

Amenities: free internet, free breakfast, pool, spa, free shuttle to the airport.

Service: Excellent service, staff are willing to give directions or anything else you may need.

The only thing I could possibly complain about is that the maid doesn't wait long enough after knockng before entering the room.....but that is not a big deal.

Stayed: July 2007
2  Thank Stunty79
Reviewed June 25, 2007

This hotel was clean and I'm sure it's great if you're staying there to go to the airport. However, if you're staying here to see the sights, you should just shell out the extra money to stay somewhere else. It was quiet and fairly boring. We had to drive at least a half an hour to get anywhere.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2006

Chose this because of the two reviews here, both pretty good ratings, and it's fairly close to the airport. Right next to it! Lobby was very nice and had elevator! Went to our room on 3rd floor and when entering room, we were amazed! It was fairly big and roomy. Considerably big bathroom, then a fully mirrored folding door to closet with iron and ironing board. Then it's the roomy bed, coffee table with a couch, desk & mirror with desk lamp, a standing lamp, and 2 lamps next to the bed! TV in a big wooden thingy with drawers. Called front desk for extra pillow and was told to look in drawer under TV & found it (very convenient!). The AC works great since it's so hot in the summer (although the lobby and hallways..and the room when we entered...were kinda hot, after turning on the AC, we're all set. Oh! And free high-speed wireless internet access! Just bring in laptop with wireless thingy! Just arrived a few hours ago and loved this place so much just wanted to share this NOW! Would definately come here again!

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with friends
6  Thank swimpuppy
Reviewed April 11, 2006

Stayed here as a stopover hotel. Used my airmiles for the hotel, but think the $89 a night is a fairly good rate. Front desk had our keys waiting for us upon arrival.
Used the shuttle service to and from the airport, efficient and safe.
Shuttle runs at quarter past the hour, which didn't meet our schedule. They changed the schedule for us so we wouldn't have to take a cab, much appreciated.
The rooms were very clean and the bed was comfortable.
Ate at the newly re-opened restaurant Mawal, and it was fantastic. The owner Ramos is a very nice man who has had health issues and is now back running his restaurant. We ordered the smoked salmon and the order was so big, we couldn't finish it. Great value for $11. The greek salad was very good also.
We will stay here again if the need arises.

• Stayed: April 2006
4  Thank apebro
Reviewed February 19, 2006

I stayed at the Best Western Travel Inn in January, 2006 as my stopover hotel in Toronto. I booked this hotel because it offered a free airport shuttle and a complimentary breakfast for a good price for the area.

I found all that was promised and received good value. Once I called the hotel from the airport, the shuttle came within 20 minutes. Check in was smooth and I was pleased with the room and amenities. There is a good sized mini fridge, a microwave oven and a large TV with free movies.

My problem with my stay was encountered when I requested information for catching a bus to the subway station. I was told when I booked this hotel that I could get a bus conveniently and easily to the subway. I know a bit about the Toronto transit system and felt comfortable with this, but feel that not only was the information that I was provided false, it was not substantial enough to be of assistance to somebody who didn’t have my level of experience in this city. When I was ready to leave, I stopped by the front desk to ask where I catch the bus and was told to walk “4 blocks” down the street to the bus stop. The distance to the bus stop may have been equivalent to 4 blocks’ distance, but it wasn’t a measured 4 blocks which is very confusing. The bigger problem is that once I got to the bus stop I found it marked as running during peak periods only and this was at 2 p.m. I referred to some information that I had and aimed toward a totally different street for the bus, passing another hotel en route. When there I thought I would confirm my information with them and was told that you couldn’t get a bus at that time of the day and that guests at their hotel who were looking to get to the subway took a cab there. I could have saved an abundance of time and inconvenience if the Travel Inn had told me this information from the beginning. The next problem was that I had asked the desk clerk at the Travel Inn how much the bus cost and was advised that it is $2.25 so I pulled out that amount of cash to have it ready. It was a small thing, but I was angered to find that the price is actually $2.50. I might expect these 2 pieces of misinformation from a stranger on the street who is not in the business of guest services or dealing with people who are from out of the city or province. I think that there is no excuse for these mistakes from somebody advising a foreigner and in a position where one would be led to believe that advice!

The continental breakfast offered a variety of items and my transfer back to the airport was efficient.

I would recommend this hotel as a stopover hotel at the airport, but caution travelers that the cab to the subway will cost $20 and that the information gleaned from the front desk staff, though pleasantly delivered may be erroneous.

12  Thank Kaki
A TripAdvisor Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Reviewed March 2, 2003

Great room at a great price. Relatively new hotel. High speen internet access. Will stay again on my next trip to Toronto next week. Highly recommended.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Hampton Inn by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre
North York
Best Western Plus Toronto North York Hotel & Suites
Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre
Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport
North York
Holiday Inn Express Toronto - North York

Been to Best Western Plus Travel Hotel Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!