“Out of the world Cupcakes”

Prairie Girl Bakery
Ranked #11 of 128 Bakeries in Toronto
Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: Downtown
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed October 8, 2012

No matter which flavors we try they never disappoint. We have tried almost all the flavors and we have enjoyed them all. It is hard to say one is better then another so try them all.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Finally a cupcake in this city that is as good as the frosting! Great weekly specials, reasonable pricing for 'gourmet' cupcakes and a stylish interior are further enhanced by their friendly, helpful staff.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

The cupcake itself is soft and moist. Most of my colleagues like their cupcakes. But I found it is too sweet and too heavy. small size is good enough.

1  Thank Totorotaka
Reviewed August 31, 2012

These guys have the most limited range of any bakery you'll ever see. They do cupcakes. That's all. That said, they do it pretty near perfectly. So for cupcakes? 5 stars. Since that's all they do, that's all I'm giving them.

I mean, some cupcakes are too sweet, not sweet enough, have too cream cheesy or not cheesy enough icing or are good for one shots but not really addictive.

These things are just perfect, addictive, soft, wonderful. The balance between their icing and flavor is great. They have great rotating flavors and the regulars, chocolate and buttermilk. You'll find yourself swearing allegiance for all time to one but then try the other and become a quick turncoat then, then go back and forth like ball in a game of Pong. They're seriously all good. The only complaint I've ever heard is that there's too much icing.

It's better than too little. Don't like it? Scrape some off and give it to me, that stuff is gold.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

I am not a big cup cake person; however, I tried several cup cake places in Toronto, and this place is certainly my favorite. A dozen or so flavors and they come in two different sizes. They even have gluten free. Enjoy them as soon as you get them if you can.