“Fairly Disappointed”

Cuisines: Fast Food, Canadian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Scarborough
Description: I have read great reviews for Five Guys Burgers but I have to say in my opinion their burgers are disgusting. Before the lynch mob tears down my front door, here is what I tasted there:I got their regular burger with lettuce, tomato and grilled onions, with a dash of mustard. I saw the guy "grilling" burger on a pan and pushing down on it with all his weight. The burger arrived with two patties. I hate that, because of all the grease the burgers keep in slipping out of the buns. It was disgustingly greasy, wet and all mushed up, buns were wet from all the grease and the burger was oozing grease all over to the other side of my fingers. Have I complained about the grease enough? The fries were ok but again they were overly greasy. The burger tasted like overly fatty low quality steak from a roadside diner in the middle of nowhere, and it had burnt fat smell. After two bites I threw away the entire thing, fries and all. That thing cost me almost 14 dollars and the only thing I enjoyed was the drink because it washed away the taste of Five Guys burger.
Toronto
“Fairly Disappointed”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Leaside location. The burger itself was tasty enough. Many of our party didn't like the bun. But the restaurant was quite dirty when we were there. The soft drinks were all flat. When I told them they just said "really", but a couple other patrons stood up and said they told them the same thing. They didn't offer a refund. For a family of 4, the meals were quite expensive. I expected much more for the money. I wanted it to be good...but I don't think I would go back.

Visited July 2013

“Lots of better burger options”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

In a world where gourmet burgers are everywhere and you can get a great burger in the middle of a mall food court, 5 guys is a real let down. Firstly, I think this is the first burger place I have been to where there is no milkshake option ... really. It feels to me that this is a key part of the American burger experience. It is like a peanut & jelly sandwich without the jelly ! The burger itself is ordinary but the cheese is very poor .. resembles cheese whizz ! The Cajun option fries are a nice touch, but really it just a sprinkling of cajun on normal fries. No complaints about portion size ... a large fries can feed a family of four. Staff friendly and restaurant very clean. I guess in conclusion it is just that for the burger itself ... there are way better options across the city.

• Visited July 2013
Wembley, United Kingdom
“Watch out for the soggy buns!”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Tasty burger & fries from this American chain. The only thing that let it down was the quality of the bun (which went very mushy in my burger).

And I thought the notice not to take the peanuts outside the restaurant was hilarious – what are we going to do, shove them down the throats of random pedestrians, who might be allergic to nuts?

1 Thank Wembleygal
“Excellent!”
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Very tasty burgers! Fries are good too! Music is good all in all a good experience for a family of four on vacation in Toronto!

Oakville, Canada
“Amazing Fries”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My first visit and I was impressed. The fries are the best and not greasy at all. I love the free peanuts while you are waiting. I would definitely order the small burger next time, the regular is a double pattie. They also offer a large option of toppings for the burger. The burger is also not greasy. Will definitely go back