“Definitely not the Wvorst - its best bro”
Review of Wvrst

Wvrst
Ranked #62 of 8,643 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Description: We're a casual open space designed for communal dining, a hangout for beer aficionados, for families, work friends, and sausage lovers of all ages. We make great sausages with over twenty five options; from Chorizo and Bratwvrst, to our Venison with red pepper, or Wild Boar and black tea. We also have our Barese sausage, which is made for sharing, but that doesn't mean you have to. Like fries? We have regular and duck fat (all Belgian style) with 16 house made dips to choose from. Also, we love vegetarians = 3 vegetarian, and 2 vegan sausages. We have 24 taps that we clean every two weeks. Our draft list is constantly rotating, but always focuses on home grown craft beer and cider. For our bottles and cellar we seek out the best brewers and cider makers from around the world. Some vintages won't be opened for 10+ years. On the first Thursday of each month we tap a keg that has been aging for at least 2 years. We were honored this year to be voted Best Fries and Beer Selection in the city. WVRST is something you can enjoy with your family. Afternoons and evenings are great time with the kids. We have room for strollers and we don't mind if you make a bit of noise and have fun, we'll probably be doing the same thing.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Definitely not the Wvorst - its best bro”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

This place is awesome, it hits all the important criteria to make a great restaurant. Good quality meats, a small simple menu, good service, great beer and all at a good price.
Truth be told it's not the kind place you can go to often, there is only so much duck fat fries, bison sausages (or other great sausages like Elk, Turkey...) and beer one person could have.

This is also a great place for bday parties, corporate events or big groups of people. The cafeteria style seating makes it easy to have a big group seating together!

I'm a big fan and will definitely go back at least once a month!!!

• Polish first
Toronto, Canada
“Really impressed! Great, simple concept”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Been here twice recently on reccomendation from my brother who works in the area. Very good quality sausage, especially love the Berkshire Pork: so tasty, it would be criminal to put mustard or anything else on it other then the caramelized onions I ordered...and don't get me started on the Duck fries...OMG! Drool! They've got me hooked for life!

• Visited December 2013
Guelph, Canada
“Great Beer Selection”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I've been to Wvrst twice now. The first time I was meeting friends before we went out for drinks on King West and it was very busy but I didn't eat. I will say though that the beer selection was amazing, including a wide range of craft beers. I was thrilled to see some local breweries, and some of my own personal favourites.

More recently, I went to wvrst for a late lunch with friends on a Friday afternoon. I am salivating right now thinking about the sausage that I had. I had the calabrese sausage with all of the toppings and it was absolutely incredible! The sausages are so good and the value you get is fantastic. The staff was amazing, knowledgeable and willing to make suggestions, not only on sausages but beer as well. I will most definitely return next time I'm in the area.

Adrian, Michigan
1,303 restaurant reviews
“The Best of the Wurst”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

This is a great place for lunch as the sausage creations here are impressive and the options are plentiful. This place is around the corner from our Canadian office and our colleagues in the office suggested this place for lunch. The counter service was quick, easy and efficient. The interior was quite clean and comfortable. I was very impressed with the menu as the number of sausage options was remarkable. It was possible to have the sausage on rolls or as a currywurst creation. I decided on the latter and tried the chicken sausage with peppers and chili powder as a currywurst. It was wonderful. Equally tasty were the fries. We got two large orders to split among six of us. We had one duck fat fries and one regular order of fries. The fries were a little overdone but that was unimportant as the sauces that came with them were great. There were several options for dips but we tried the Chipotle, Black Pepper and Onion and Sweet Chili sauces. They were all wonderful. The prices were reasonable considering its location. In all, if you are in the mood for some creative sausage and some delightfully unconventional fries, this is the place to try.

Toronto, Canada
“The King of Sausage, Beer and Cool in Toronto!”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Wow! Wvrst was a wondrous experience of beer, sausage, and cool to say the least. I liked the vibe and the great customer service (Big thanks to Anne, my server) that I encountered here. I ordered the boerewors, a South African delicacy, in a tomatoe based curry with the duck fat fries along with a beer called the flying monkeys (shades of the Wizard of Oz). I am South African and I have to say that that the boerewors was good and the duck fat fries was a great complement especially given the beer that I was quaffing which was flavourful. If you like sausages and beer then this is the place for you as it really is the King of sausage and beer on King Street. Oh and it is a cool locale as well!

If you go remember to order your meal before you sit down and it will be served to you in a matter of minutes. This is a place worthy of your money and time so go now!

• Visited December 2013