“Really impressed! Great, simple concept”
Review of Wvrst

Wvrst
Ranked #96 of 8,772 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Description: We're a casual open space designed for communal dining, a hangout for beer aficionados, for families, work friends, and sausage lovers of all ages. We make great sausages with over twenty five options; from Chorizo and Bratwvrst, to our Venison with red pepper, or Wild Boar and black tea. We also have our Barese sausage, which is made for sharing, but that doesn't mean you have to. Like fries? We have regular and duck fat (all Belgian style) with 16 house made dips to choose from. Also, we love vegetarians = 3 vegetarian, and 2 vegan sausages. We have 24 taps that we clean every two weeks. Our draft list is constantly rotating, but always focuses on home grown craft beer and cider. For our bottles and cellar we seek out the best brewers and cider makers from around the world. Some vintages won't be opened for 10+ years. On the first Thursday of each month we tap a keg that has been aging for at least 2 years. We were honored this year to be voted Best Fries and Beer Selection in the city. WVRST is something you can enjoy with your family. Afternoons and evenings are great time with the kids. We have room for strollers and we don't mind if you make a bit of noise and have fun, we'll probably be doing the same thing.
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Been here twice recently on reccomendation from my brother who works in the area. Very good quality sausage, especially love the Berkshire Pork: so tasty, it would be criminal to put mustard or anything else on it other then the caramelized onions I ordered...and don't get me started on the Duck fries...OMG! Drool! They've got me hooked for life!

Reviewed January 14, 2014

I've been to Wvrst twice now. The first time I was meeting friends before we went out for drinks on King West and it was very busy but I didn't eat. I will say though that the beer selection was amazing, including a wide range of craft beers. I was thrilled to see some local breweries, and some of my own personal favourites.

More recently, I went to wvrst for a late lunch with friends on a Friday afternoon. I am salivating right now thinking about the sausage that I had. I had the calabrese sausage with all of the toppings and it was absolutely incredible! The sausages are so good and the value you get is fantastic. The staff was amazing, knowledgeable and willing to make suggestions, not only on sausages but beer as well. I will most definitely return next time I'm in the area.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

This is a great place for lunch as the sausage creations here are impressive and the options are plentiful. This place is around the corner from our Canadian office and our colleagues in the office suggested this place for lunch. The counter service was quick, easy and efficient. The interior was quite clean and comfortable. I was very impressed with the menu as the number of sausage options was remarkable. It was possible to have the sausage on rolls or as a currywurst creation. I decided on the latter and tried the chicken sausage with peppers and chili powder as a currywurst. It was wonderful. Equally tasty were the fries. We got two large orders to split among six of us. We had one duck fat fries and one regular order of fries. The fries were a little overdone but that was unimportant as the sauces that came with them were great. There were several options for dips but we tried the Chipotle, Black Pepper and Onion and Sweet Chili sauces. They were all wonderful. The prices were reasonable considering its location. In all, if you are in the mood for some creative sausage and some delightfully unconventional fries, this is the place to try.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Wow! Wvrst was a wondrous experience of beer, sausage, and cool to say the least. I liked the vibe and the great customer service (Big thanks to Anne, my server) that I encountered here. I ordered the boerewors, a South African delicacy, in a tomatoe based curry with the duck fat fries along with a beer called the flying monkeys (shades of the Wizard of Oz). I am South African and I have to say that that the boerewors was good and the duck fat fries was a great complement especially given the beer that I was quaffing which was flavourful. If you like sausages and beer then this is the place for you as it really is the King of sausage and beer on King Street. Oh and it is a cool locale as well!

If you go remember to order your meal before you sit down and it will be served to you in a matter of minutes. This is a place worthy of your money and time so go now!

Reviewed November 29, 2013

I was meeting old friends and one of them suggested a sausage bar. I was kinda not feeling the idea because sausages are something i can get back home - but I trust her opinion immensely. Boy was I surprised. The decor was fun, completely open (great for people watching) and looked hip without looking pretentious. I had trouble ordering beer because A) I am old and the font on the menu and at the bar are tiny and B) I have been out of the loop with beer. I should have ordered the sampler first because I found a new favorite but was too drunk to order another round.

Staff was amazing, it is a cross between self serve and being waited on. You may need to go with someone to figure it out the first time but it makes sense how they do it. The food was fast and perfect. I had wild boar, duck fat fries, and some of the sweet dips. It was heaven. The portions are fair, the price reasonable and i wish I could have came back a few times to try the other sausages.

The only thing I heard that this place is suffering from its popularity and you will find it too crowded on weekends. We went on a Tuesday and it was just right.

highly recommend.