“Loved it. Great sausage and Beer Selection. Who needs more than that?”
Review of Wvrst

Wvrst
Ranked #52 of 8,722 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Description: We're a casual open space designed for communal dining, a hangout for beer aficionados, for families, work friends, and sausage lovers of all ages. We make great sausages with over twenty five options; from Chorizo and Bratwvrst, to our Venison with red pepper, or Wild Boar and black tea. We also have our Barese sausage, which is made for sharing, but that doesn't mean you have to. Like fries? We have regular and duck fat (all Belgian style) with 16 house made dips to choose from. Also, we love vegetarians = 3 vegetarian, and 2 vegan sausages. We have 24 taps that we clean every two weeks. Our draft list is constantly rotating, but always focuses on home grown craft beer and cider. For our bottles and cellar we seek out the best brewers and cider makers from around the world. Some vintages won't be opened for 10+ years. On the first Thursday of each month we tap a keg that has been aging for at least 2 years. We were honored this year to be voted Best Fries and Beer Selection in the city. WVRST is something you can enjoy with your family. Afternoons and evenings are great time with the kids. We have room for strollers and we don't mind if you make a bit of noise and have fun, we'll probably be doing the same thing.
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Title of review describes it perfectly, if I do say so myself. I'll add that I loved the location and the area around the restaurant. The space is cozy comfortable and inviting. The beer hall communal seating was awesome. Perfect stop for a pint (or two) and a sausage (or two).

Great service from "Certified Beer Servers" see pics....

There are newer reviews for Wvrst

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Delicious and totally out of the ordinary sausages and beer accompanied by marvelous dipping sauces. Nice causal atmosphere and very friendly staff.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

After hearing so many glowing reviews about this restaurant, I decided to stop by and see what it was all about.

While the relaxed German beer hall atmosphere was great, I was a bit disappointed with my experience overall. First of all, the restaurant does not accept reservations for small parties, so my companion and I had to wait in line to get into the restaurant. Once we got in, service was slow because you have to wait in line to order and only one person was at the desk taking orders.

My companion and I tried the duck, kangaroo, and pheasant sausages with plain fries and the Wvrst dipping sauce. The sausages were mediocre and overpriced -- I honestly thought that the sausages that I've purchased from independent butchers and made at home were far superior. The dipping sauce was quite tasty and flavourful, but the fries themselves were unmemorable and ordinary. The beer selection was quite extensive.

I'd recommend visiting Wvrst at least once for the experience. It has a unique atmosphere that you can't really find anywhere else in the GTA. I'd probably return for drinks, and not for the food.

1  Thank Tigerlily80
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Wvrst is modeled off German drinking halls so you'll find long benches and tables. It's a great place to hang out with friends after work.

Since it's German inspired they mainly serve different types of sausage, there appeared to be about 20 different types of sausage.

The currywurst sauce they make in house is very tasty.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Open concept place with bench seating, on second level. Huge selection of sausages and fries with dipping sauces (a la Belgium), good selection of beers. Service was good, atmosphere basic.