“Excellent tours of Toronto”
Review of Bruce Bell Tours

Bruce Bell Tours
Ranked #52 of 138 Tours in Toronto
More attraction details
Owner description: Bruce Bell Tours: So much of Toronto's history is either buried under parking lots or confined to dusty history books hidden on the top shelves of libraries or just plain forgotten. Using his wealth of knowledge and experience well known historian and author Bruce Bell is determined to look under those parking lots to see what secrets are held in Toronto's much overlooked colonial and 19th century past. Bruce also does a great food tasting tour at Toronto’s famed St Lawrence Market.
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I have been on two walking tours with Mr. Bell and was amazed with the infomation I learned from this guy about Toronto's history. I have visited the St. Lawrence Market area a number of times, but had no idea about its history until Mr. Bell's tour. He is a very entertaining tour guide and enthusiastic about sharing his knowledge of Toronto's history with others. At the St. Lawrence Market tour I learned about the very earliest of Toronto's history when first Nations people gathered at the shores of Lake Ontario near the Market, to the first Europeans arriving by boat, to the architectural history of the Market itself. I would highly recommend booking a tour with Mr. Bell whether you are a Torontonian or visiting the city.

Bruce B, Owner at Bruce Bell Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Thank you so much for all your kind words! It was my pleasure... Bruce

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I was one of only two people taking the tour. Bruce seems to know everything and everybody. The tour included the St.Lawrence Market (lots to see, I went shopping later), St.James Cathedral, the old post office, and other places whose name I don't remember. (Some old city hall?) Plus lots of Canadian history.

I'm so glad you enjoyed taking my tour. I love Toronto and I am so grateful that I get a chance to show off my city!

Reviewed June 16, 2012

I thought I knew Toronto pretty well having lived here for almost 10 years and I would go to the St. Lawrence Market often to get my groceries. The tour with Bruce Bell took my appreciation of the neighborhood (and Toronto in general) to a whole other level! He is such an entertaining tour guide and offers tremendous insight into the area and the history. I have been on walking tours in other cities (Paris, New York City) and this one is by far the best one I've ever been on. It is a total deal for the amount of sights you see, the information that you learn and the insight you gain.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

We lucked in to Bruce Bell's historical walking tour purely by accident. When we booked him, we had no idea that he was the pre-eminent authority on the history of Toronto, and a local legend. His depth of knowledge and enthusiasm for his subject was amazing. He also had the ability to quickly learn a little bit about us and our interests and to customize the tour to suit us. His tour was the highlight of a series of wonderful experiences in Toronto for us. I highly recommend him.

Reviewed March 20, 2012

Bruce Bell is a wonderful speaker. He really knows his Toronto history and makes it come to life. He gets very excited about events and makes them interesting to learn. If you want to know more about Toronto, whether you're visiting or live here, he's the man to see.