“Amazing food & fabulous service”

Mideastro Yorkville
Ranked #1,428 of 8,722 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I attended a private dinner party at Mideastro in Yorkville Jan 29th and I was so impressed with the food and service I had to right a review. I like how the chef combined so many flavors together. But what was also a hit was the service. These guys know how to serve with style and class. At one point I was thinking about going to the bar to get a drink but the waiter beat me to it and asked if I would like anything to driink. LOL I had the Chilean Sea Bass which was wonderfully balanced with just the right flavor and seasoning. I also has some of my fiance's beef tenderloin cooked medium well. I will definitely be back and will suggest this as a location for a corp party or dinner with friends or a romantic spot for dinner.

There are newer reviews for Mideastro Yorkville

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Enjoyed a fun evening at Mideastro. For the most part the food was very good, only one of our party of six had a disappointing meal. The lamb duo was excellent as was the paella. Service was wonderful, very attentive, not sure if that was because we were the only people in the restaurant, but it certainly made for an enjoyable evening. Loved the backlit menu's!! Good wine list , unfortunately they only had one bottle of the wine we ordered.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Don't let the silly name of this restaurant fool you; there is nothing silly about the food or the service at this epicurean delight! Four of us dined there over the weekend and we blown away by the creative Mediterranean food and drinks. We started the night with cocktails. I had their Moroccan Martini which was made with saffron, Cointreau, Prosecco, and other spices and it was sublime. Our friends enjoyed their Italian martini and a special-request Sambuca based martini with no sweetener. We ordered four apps to share; the beef Carpaccio, shrimp falafel, eggplant Badali, and Moroccan short-ribs. All were outstanding but the Carpaccio was everyone's fav.

Two of us ordered their six-course tasting menu and the others ordered from the a la carte menu. Every dish was expertly presented and served. We also ordered the suggested wine pairings with the tasting menus. The first course in the tasting menu was a lamb based spicy soup and it was delicious. The second course was a fish kabob which was also quite nice. This was followed by a Caprese salad which was made with a lusciously creamy burrata and tomatoes. Surprisingly, the salad also had grilled calamari and they were perfectly cooked. Next we had minced lamb on flatbread. It sounds simple but the depth of flavour blew me away. Then onto rare tuna steak with a chunky asparagus and pea puree. Sublime! The final course was beef tenderloin served with enoki mushrooms. Very nice, but by then I was so full that I couldn't really enjoy it. Needless to say, we were too full for desserts!

The wines that were served with our tasting menu were interesting and well matched.

All in all, a great night!

Reviewed September 17, 2013

This place should be packed with diners....the food is outstanding...we had a great meal and wine...We would say this is top ten in Toronto. Prices seem reasonable and location across from Four Seasons is great. Excellent waitstaff. The only downside of this place is that their Maitre' d is a little too ponderous.

1  Thank wrldtrav
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We chanced upon this restaurant on the weekend and were very pleasantly surprised. The decor is very modern but warm with earth tones and natural finishes throughout. Natural stone walls and cozy private seating in alcoves. There were even some private dining rooms for groups.

Service was friendly and professional. It is always so refreshing to find a restaurant where the food and wines can be discussed with knowledge. This restaurant has a trained sommelier who was able to direct us to a reasonable but fabulous Cotes Du Rhone. The staff was also very well informed about the menu choices. Not a huge menu but very interesting choice of appetizers and mains. The specialty of this restaurant is cuisine from all countries bordering the Mediterranean and each country is well represented.

I chose the Kufta and my husband chose the filet mignon. We started with a seafood appetizer which was expertly plated and the server assisted by dividing it for us on our plates. The squid was tender and everything was nicely seasoned. Our mains did not disappoint either. The filet was done to perfection and my Kufta was served in the cast iron pan. The seasoning was fabulous and the lamb mixed with fruits and spices was very tasty.

We had advised the waiter that we had theatre tickets and they ensured that we were out of the restaurant in time. I would have liked some more time to explore the dessert menu but will definitely be back to this restaurant again.

1  Thank Satie37