“Just not at all appealing...”
Review of Thai One on

Cuisines: Thai
Neighborhood: Queen Street and West Queen West
Neighborhood: Queen Street and West Queen West
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I don't usually write reviews, but thought in this case it was necessary. I just ordered some food from this place on orderit.ca, and AFTER doing so decided to check out the reviews. Obviously kinda got the order wrong there. I waited for my food with dread, wondering how much I could trust the terrible reviews.

Just wanted to say that, as someone who is reasonably easy to please and doesn't generally complain or write reviews, I still felt the food was awful. I got the salad rolls, which were sitting in liquid and were soggy, the spinach which I just threw out because it was swimming in oil and was inedible, and the veggie pad thai which was ketchupy and disappointing. Please avoid.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

I stopped in to pickup some thai food I had ordered for pickup. I'm glad I was not planning on staying. The first thing you smell when you walk in is not thai spice but bad washroom, then my pickup order was not even started even when I called in 15 minutes prior. No one was in the place. As I waited I had the chance to survey the room. Dingy, dirty. My one and only visit. the food was ok, but as other have noted there is much better real thai elsewhere.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

You call this food? We ordered thruhttp://justeat.ca because they had a lot of positive reviews, and ordered the Aromatic Seafood Combination for $18.99, and the Thai Basil Beef for $12.99, for an order total of $36.14. They delivered exactly on time as per just eat email (~1hr), and included an order of white rice. When ordering, the seafood description said it was ideal for sharing, and we thought that meant the portion was larger, however it was the same portion as the basil beef. Never mind that. Both the seafood and beef were drenched in thick oil that was much more on the throw-up side than the greasy side of all the Chinese/Thai food we ever had. This was gross. We opened the white rice only to smell a dirty laundry smell in the rice. After draining both seafood and beef to start eating, we found them both to be very spicy even though we avoided the chicken basil because they had the chili sign beside it. The vegetables (mainly onions, peppers & 1 broccoli) in the food were overcooked almost to the point of being buttery, and the shrimp was very grainy as if it had been cooked to death. We honestly believe that they had this stuff on a warmer for 3 days and were just happy to get rid of this stuff. Had we been in the restaurant, we would have definitely returned everything back. Now, it's making its way through our drains... we couldn't even throw the food in the garbage with all this grease. We will definitely avoid this place until eternity.

1  Thank NounaShiko
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I took my friend here after a days event during March Break. She had the curry chicken Pad Thai and I had the green curry chicken with some rice. Both tasty meals, even though my green curry was rather sweet. But none the less can't beat the price or location.

Reviewed October 11, 2011

I had a Groupon coupon to use so I thought I would try this place out. When I presented the coupon they said it wasn't valid for lunch. As there was no specifications if it was lunch or dinner they had to accept the coupon. I ordered the Pad Thai with shrimp & chicken - it was a bit dry. They should put some Cilantro & green onion in it to give it some flavor. Ordered Basil chicken to go - it was alright. Nothing to wow you over.
I will say the service is slow. If your there for lunch and are on a time restriction, this place won't be for you. I was a bit disappointed with the place as the food was definitely not as good as some of the restaurants within a block of this place.

1  Thank Whtibytraveller

Been to Thai One on? Share your experiences!