“Fun and friendly”

Ranked #63 of 9,388 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Canadian, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Upscale casual, downtown Toronto. The first JOEY to hit the streets of downtown Toronto. Located just off Yonge on Dundas, this place is a work of art - exposed brick walls, open-air dining, crazy custom lighting and the Enomatic wine system. We could go on, but you should come and see it for yourself.
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My husband and I stopped into Joey after shopping for drinks and a snack and although we were not dressed up and very casual we felt right at home. The open air patio was great and the servers were down to earth and friendly. We enjoyed the cheeseburger sliders and I thought the Blueberry Mojito was a refreshing and original drink. Friends of our ate there the same night and enjoyed the steak. We would definitely go back. Great place just steps away from the hustle and bustle of Dundas Square. We will be back on our next trip!

Reviewed August 25, 2012

We for dinner tonight 25th Aug 2012. Nice contemporary place and the food is just great and tasty and good service and reasonable price. Will definitely go back.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

We tend to stick to the same restaurants, but it was raining so we tried Joey and were not disappointed.
Most of the entrees were ~$20 but they were decent portions - not overly huge but not small.
They have quite a few interesting appetizers. I think it came to ~$80 for an app, 2 mains, the dessert donuts (which are really good!) and a beer.
It is loud, but I noticed a pro of it being loud.
We came in around 5-6pm and there were a few people with babies.
I'm not really a fan of kids in a lot of restaurants but in this situation it was perfect. The parents could go out and if the kid was loud(which incidentally it wasn't) it really wouldn't bother anyone else because it was loud enough that you wouldn't be able to hear them.
We had great service so maybe it depends on the day or the waitress - or waitress was really good.

Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

A family friend took us here for lunch a couple weeks ago and we loved it! We were looked after by a couple of servers and both were so friendly and helpful, we were even asked of any allergies before ordering- super attentive service! The food was lovely and not bad value considering the location. Would definitely come back here, what sold it for me was the atmosphere. We sat almost outside in that the windows were massive and opened out- you felt outside but you were inside- which was great for the hot weather. I think this would also be a great place for dinner and drinks. I recommend the Italian Doughnuts for desert! We had a fantastic afternoon at Joey.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

I was at Joey for a business lunch with clients. It was so loud, you could hardly hear anything over the music. Our server constantly interupted our meal without even considering a break in our conversation. She made an error on the food ordered so she had to re-order one of the main courses which put the whole lunch timing off. When we received the bill, the wrong item was still on the bill along with the new entre. I was not impressed at all. I will not go back to this location.
On the other hand, I have been to the one at the Don Mills Shoppes. It is still a bit loud, but at least the servers are considerate and efficient.