“Very average, little disappointing.”
Review of Black Skirt Restaurant - CLOSED

Black Skirt Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Downtown
London, United Kingdom
“Very average, little disappointing.”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The restaurant has a very strange layout, a few tables as soon as you walk in, then a long line of tables very close together facing the kitchen, these tables are not comfortable to sit at. The description of the items on the menu does not reflect the dish that will served. I was born and raised in Italy, so I can say that I know italian food pretty well. The food served here has italian names but not the italian taste I was expecting. The service is good and the wine list pretty good.

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank Adriano A

Toronto, Canada
“A real gem with great food and service”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

This is a real treat to go to. It has unique decor and a great feel to it. Then there is the food. Try the lamb chops or the pistachio pasta. The antipasto for two is delicious and a generous portion. Pace yourself. The service was welcoming and very attentive. We will go back.

• Visited February 2013
Peterborough Ontario
“Great service and well chef meal.”
Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Great service, amazing food. A bit pricy but overall wonderful food and service. I would definitely recommend this restaurant and return in the future.

Ireland
“Fabulous- A gem, I can't wait to return”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I ate here ages ago, but it was not on trip advisor. I am now excited I can leave a review. I walked in as a single diner (I was over at University of Toronto on a work trip) and was treated like royalty from the second I walked in. I essentially sat down and told them to surprise me from the menu, I wanted a starter, main and coffee. It never disappointed for a second. I was walked through every course, and a glass of wine was recommended suitable for each one. I am heading back this February, and this is the restaurant I want to return to. Don't hesitate. Book. The best Italian/Sicilian I've tasted.

• Visited June 2012
Toronto
“Great food here!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I've eaten here twice - great decor and the food is delicious!
I had the beet salad and the special was pasta with pistachios!

• Visited March 2012