“Best BBQ in town”

Paul & Sandy's Real Barbecue Co.
Cuisines: Barbecue
Neighborhood: Etobicoke
Neighborhood: Etobicoke
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I have eaten at many restaurants claiming that they make an amazing brisket or pulled-pork sandwich. Let me state here, unequivocally, that this is the largest, the best, most tender, most delicious BBQ sandwich that I have ever had. Period. I have been many times and will continue to return, time and time again.

There are newer reviews for Paul & Sandy's Real Barbecue Co.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I have always found TripAdvisor reviews and a couple of other local food blogs very helpful in selecting restaurants. People know what they like and I think are honest. Since we live in the area we thought we'd try this place. We love bbq and love the idea of eating locally. I've seen several reviews that talked about the poor or rude service. Sadly, I found they are correct. The attitude and approach was poor and rude. We got there at 6 pm on Saturday and asked for a table for two. The place was more than half full. All the two seat tables were occupied. Three or four four seat tables were not. We were immediately taken to the back of the restaurant and offered a table that had three cheap plastic garden chairs. The table was in front of some refrigerator that help sodas and stuff. There was lots of stuff piled up back there and of course it was right beside the door that I assume led to the kitchen and washrooms. A woman who worked there (the owner?) came up to me out of the blue and said bluntly, "That's your choice". Nothing else. I said I declined and would come back at another time. We left and went to the terrific pub next door where the staff we glad to serve us and the food was terrific. Upon reflection, I won't go back and won't recommend it to friends or neighbours.

1  Thank RalphW_10
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I have tasted barbecue all over the Deep South including Georgia, North and South Carolina, Louisiana, and Texas and I must say this little restaurant serves up some of the very best I have ever tasted. The pulled pork melts in your mouth and the ribs are done just right. You can't go wrong here.The service is fast and friendly and the atmosphere is laid back and relaxed. The price is more than reasonable. Just make sure you get there early for dinner or you might be standing in line for a table!

1  Thank fireandrose
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Owners are rude and unaccommodating. While it says take out that's only at their discretion. You can be turned away if they believe they may not have enough food. Owners will not look you in the eye.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

A popular neighbourhood restaurant, that always seems to be full. I have had a great pulled pork sandwich here, good enough to make me return. On my second trip, I decided to phone ahead to order a pulled pork sandwich to go. I was told that my order would be ready in 20 minutes (which is quite a long time to assemble a sandwich, with fries). After waiting 20 minutes, I drove over just to be told that I had to wait another 20 minutes, as the waitress had other tables to serve before she could deal with my pick-up order - makes no sense at all. Very frustrating !!! Don't know if I'll bother going back.