“Great way to see the city”

Toronto Bicycle Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$68.53*
and up
Toronto Islands Morning Bike Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore Toronto by bike! Fun, easy, safe and entertaining tours for visitors and locals alike. We also offer bike rentals for self guided sight-seeing. Our exciting guided bicycle tours showcase the different sides of Toronto - from the scenic parks and historic neighbourhoods to the hum of downtown and our evolving waterfront. Throughout your ride you'll hear entertaining stories of the people and events - both past and present - that have shaped our city. Our rides are great for everyone, including families, visitors and students. Tours include bicycle, helmet, water, snacks, lunch (on full day tours) and a tour guide - of course! Whether you want to maximize the amount of Toronto that you experience, want to learn a whole lot about what is behind our city, or just want to have a great time, come and tour with us!
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great way to see the city”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

I recently went on the four hour Downtown tour with my 11 year old son. It was a fantastic way to see the city with a child who would be bored on a walking or bus tour. There were many stops along the way making the biking very easy. The bikes were good and there was a lot of emphasis on safety. We wanted to take another tour with them but didn't have enough time.

1 Thank 3LittleBeachBums

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Santa Cruz, CA
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Best way to see Toronto”
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I had an amazing Twilight Island tour with William. It was only the 3 of us and Will was funny, friendly, knowledgable, told great stories and even snapped pictures for us the whole night. The pace was very relaxed and I felt very safe while biking through the city. Dessert was tasty too. The view of the city from the island and the ferry can't be beat. It was a highlight of our trip!! Even after the tour, Will went above and beyond and gave us some really fun ideas about where to visit the next day. Thanks for the great adventure!!!

1 Thank djnekokittie
Aventura, Florida, USA
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Interesting but room for improvement”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

I was very excited to explore the Toronto Islands. Been all over Toronto but never over to the islands. Visiting and biking through the islands was very interesting, but I think the daytime tour would be more satisfying. About half the ride was in the darkness. Although the setting sun was gorgeous, I felt that the lack of day light meant I missed a lot of the beauty of the island. The tour should have started an hour earlier. That would have made a big difference. Riding on a pitch black road with tiny battery light as your only beacon is somewhat uncomfortable. There were also so many lovely homes and beautiful foliage that was missed due to the darkness.

I felt our tour guide added very little to the tour. Although she seemed like a nice young woman, she didn't impart that much information or tell many stories and often didn't even get off her bike to turn around and face the group.

Bikes seemed well maintained and were comfortable to ride. The ride advertised itself as an after dinner ride with a dessert stop along the way. The dessert turned out to cookies thrown onto a picnic table in the dark, while bugs swarmed around our heads.

An enjoyable evening but could have been a lot better.

1 Thank Amanda_in_Miami
Terrence E, Owner at Toronto Bicycle Tours, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Hello, thank you for taking the time to write a review, we really appreciate it!

I'm glad that you enjoyed your tour overall. It was great to read that you found the ride to be very interesting, that you thought that the sunset was gorgeous (I love the island sunsets too!), that you felt that the bikes were comfortable, and that you observed the lovely homes and beautiful foliage.

Our Island Twilight ride is a very unique experience: riding through sunset to after dark, safely, through a cottage community, on an island without car traffic, all while still in a major city! Over the years we've had guests of different ages and riding abilities (from novice to expert), and all have really enjoyed the riding and felt at ease while in the care of our guide team.

Zoë was your tour guide that night. As a native Torontonian and someone who has actually lived on the Islands, Zoë has a wealth of knowledge to share with our guests about the Islands, Toronto and the Great Lakes. I've received a number of positive comments from past guests about their tours with Zoë. For example, there is a recent review from July 21 ("Fantastic Twilight Tour!") that praises Zoë's guiding and storytelling ability.

Thanks again for your review, and please feel free to join us for another ride when you are back in Toronto!
Coppell
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“The only way to see so much of Toronto”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

We had a great time riding bikes and touring the city. The bikes were new and good quality. Terrance and Michelle were knowledgable about Toronto and shared lots of interesting things about the city. Biking is the best way to get around the city! We did The Heart of Downtown Tour and saw so many places. I really felt I saw all the highlights. It's a long trip but you see so much! We only had those few hours to spend in Toronto and I felt we experienced it. However, I would have loved to explore some of the sites more in depth after the tour... So leave time to spend in the city more (maybe on a bike because that's the easiet way to get around such a busy city.) Wednesday's trip takes you to the St. Lawrence Market for a food sampling. So yummy!

Ann Arbor
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fabulous - a must-do in Toronto”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Great experience! My wife and I did a combo tour that included a 4-hr tour of downtown in the afternoon and 3-hr twilight Toronto islands tour in the evening. There was a 2 hr break for dinner in between. We had 2 others in our group plus one guide for the afternoon and 7 others in the group plus 2 guides for the evening.

Our afternoon tour took us through a large part of the city, and our guide, Will, was full of interesting facts and stories. Neither my wife nor I are experienced city bikers, but Toronto seems to be relatively bike-friendly and we felt safe biking through the city. The weather was great for us as well, which certainly helped. I really felt like I was able to see and appreciate much more of the city that just by walking or even driving.

The twilight Toronto Islands tour was also great, but definitely different. We biked down to the ferry terminal and took a ferry over to the Toronto Islands, which do not allow personal cars and offer a beautiful view of the city skyline and surrounding water. We biked around the islands and got some great sunset pics of the skyline and water. We eventually took a ferry back to the city.

I highly recommend doing these tours, ideally early in your visit to Toronto to get an overview of the city (although we did it toward the end of ours).

2 Thank DDPC