“Great Employee Event - Bike Tour of Toronto Island”

Toronto Bicycle Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore Toronto by bike! Fun, easy, safe and entertaining tours for visitors and locals alike. We also offer bike rentals for self guided sight-seeing. Our exciting guided bicycle tours showcase the different sides of Toronto - from the scenic parks and historic neighbourhoods to the hum of downtown and our evolving waterfront. Throughout your ride you'll hear entertaining stories of the people and events - both past and present - that have shaped our city. Our rides are great for everyone, including families, visitors and students. Tours include bicycle, helmet, water, snacks, lunch (on full day tours) and a tour guide - of course! Whether you want to maximize the amount of Toronto that you experience, want to learn a whole lot about what is behind our city, or just want to have a great time, come and tour with us!
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I took my team on a Toronto Island Bike Tour .. and it was fabulous. Terrence was a dream to work with, my group had a great time, the tour was interesting, and we felt as though we were miles away from Toronto, yet we were only on toronto Island. Interesting, great pace, great food ... and completely convenient. All we had to do was show up -- he did everything else. Looking forward to doing it again.

Kim Parlee, Vice-President, TD Wealth

"morning tour"
in 9 reviews
"city streets"
in 12 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 25 reviews
"different areas"
in 10 reviews
"small group"

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Our family of 6 (ranging from a recalcitrant 4 your old up to an ailing 71 year old who hasn't ridden much in 20 years) had only 2 days in Toronto but wanted to get an overview of city. Biking around the flat streets (no hills at all) on the Heart of Downtown tour was an excellent way to do it. Terrence and Sam took us on a personal tour of all the highlights and some of the out of the way gems, safely shepherding us through the few parts where there was a bit of traffic. They also gave us some historical, social and architectural context to the place. Highly recommended. They offer another tour that is probably slightly more suited for young kids, but the Heart of Downtown tour (which ended up being about 5 hours including a lunch stop) was ideal for the adults and older kids and the 4 year old muddled through okay.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I had family over recently set this trip with Toronto Bicycle Tours up. Although I didn't know about the tour company before, I can honestly say that that the Midnight Cycle on the Toronto Islands is THE way to introduce someone to Toronto if they haven't been before. The views of the city are simply spectacular, nothing like the skyline that those of us who live here are used to.

In terms of money's worth, I can't speak to the rest of the tours (having not been on them yet) but the twilight cycle was definitely worth it. The tour was quite long, and the route took us on a roughly 20km tour of the lower downtown and harbourfront, and then across the islands themselves; there was also a 10 minute desert break where we had a chat and enjoyed some brownies. Terrence was very entertaining, providing interesting facts about various attractions throughout the tour, and even commenting on current affairs and politics, and how Toronto has developed dramatically over the past two decades. It was a long, but very enjoyable tour, and I intend to go on it again if I get half the chance!

The tour operator, Terrence, is very professional and friendly and happy to chat about this, that, or the other. I'm planning another trip with friends who are visiting later this year and can sincerely say I have no reservations suggesting this to anyone visiting (or living here) who wants to really "see" Toronto.

Cheers,

James Bergin

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I am a big guy, 6'8", and they were very nice and made sure I was taken care of. I did not notice how far we went cause it was so fun and entertaining. You really get your money's worth in this tour. You will not be disappointed.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Myself wife and son booked several attractions on our stay in Toronto one of which was Toronto Evening Bike Tours. We were unsure of riding bikes as had not done so for several years but Terrence and Rachael (not sure if that was her name but she was great) put us at ease. We rode gently downtown to ferry terminal crossing over to Toronto island. Over on the island we rode all round with Terrence explaining all about the history and facts. The views back to Toronto as the sun was setting and the lights at night were fantastic. The scenery on island and the fact that were no vehicles made it even more special as you could ride with freedom. Would put trip as one of the best to do in Toronto and recommend to everyone who has rode a bike.