“Hidden gem”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Neighborhood: North York
Neighborhood: North York
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I have been here few times already and everytime I visit Pho Spring Garden, I am always very satisfied both food and the service. So far I haven't been disappointed yet and hopefully not ever.
I have brought some friends here and they liked a lot and would like to go back again, so I'm glad I was able to bring friends and they liked the place and food.

I requested some that wasn't in the menu and they did it for me, mind you it wasn't totally different from the menu just to add something.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

Just north of Yonge and Sheppard in Toronto is a short street called Spring Garden Avenue, with about ten or so Asian restaurants of various types. The large Asian population in this part of the city makes for an immediate local clientele, but also makes food quality and service quite competitive.

Pho Spring Garden serves Vietnamese and Korean food, with Pho and its variants as their specialty. I'm not an expert, by any means, but I have now returned several times, in each case because the personalized service and the excellent food draw me back. The fact that at any given time most of the patrons will be Korean or Vietnamese confirms my own inexpert conclusion: this is good stuff.

The one thing to be careful of here is that you can get very full, very fast. Dishes that seem to be quite innocuous, mainly noodle soup with vegetables and some meats, turn out to be a lot more filling than you expect. You may think you need the large size. You probably don't.

If you're in the north end of Toronto, this is a great place to have an inexpensive and enjoyable dinner.