“Eclair making - A fun (and yummy) experience!”

Le Dolci Foodie Studio
More attraction details
Owner description: Le Dolci - Located in downtown Toronto our goal is to bring fun, foodie education to the city. Join us for sweet classes including: cupcake, cake pops, cake and cookie decorating classes. We also teach classes on how to create deliciously Parisian macarons, RAW cupcakes, truffles, and more! Classes are two hours, hands-on & full of icing sugar fun!Participants leave with a sweet parcel of their creations as a tasty souvenir of the experience.
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Last week I took an Eclairs class with a friend at Le Dolci. The bakery is located on Dundas St, and was very easy to get to. As soon as you walk in, you can't help but notice the beautiful cakes lining the walls.
The class was very easy to follow. The instructor first demonstrated the techniques, then allowed to you try it yourself. If you needed any help, the instructor was able to assist, and others in the class were helpful as well.
We learned that the same pastry used for eclairs can be used for many other tasty treats: cheese puffs and churros, among others. Yum!
After the class we got to take home our treats, if they lasted long enough to make it out the door!
The class was certainly a great experience, and I will definitely be back. I can't wait to try my hand at Macarons!

Reviewed April 14, 2014

I had my friends coming from Boston for a bachelorette fun weekend. With a day full of activities the cupcake decoration class was by far the biggest entertainment of the day. Because they were all out of town and wouldn't eat all the 12 cupcakes we left them to donation. Which Le dolci was prompt to offer and organize.
It was very thoughtful.
Thanks again for the lovely afternoon.
I can't wait for another opportunity to celebrate at Le dolci

1  Thank Balque
Reviewed April 11, 2014

I recently took the Eclairs class at Le Dolci with a few of my girlfriends, I was blown away. This adorable little bake shop located across from a beautiful park in downtown Toronto, not only dazzled me but my friends as well. Our instructor was wonderful and easily showed us the many uses for choux paste, while we pigged our on delicious cream filled puffs and Eclairs.

This was a great experience and I would recommend anyone looking for a excuse to indulge a sweet tooth while picking up a new skill, to take a class at Le Dolci.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Lisa and her crew provided my group of 30 adults a superb two hour iron cupcake challenge! There was no team building experience like this...and I don't think we will ever experience one as fun and innovative again. Take a bunch of type A Finance/Project Manager/Technology folks and hand them fondant...I can truly say that EVERYONE in the group was talking about how much fun they had at Le Dolci.

I should also point out - the cupcakes taste great!

Reviewed March 7, 2014

My girlfriend and I took Le Dolci's "Introduction to Cake Decorating" Class. Our instructor, Lindsay, went through a number of basics such as levelling the cake, putting on our frosting crumbcoat, and then working with fondant. What I loved most is that after the basic steps, Lindsay let us go free with whatever ideas we wanted to pursue! I have taken a number of cooking classes before and we would always have to stick with the "assigned dish", but I loved that in this class, we were allowed to go with any colour and any idea (I made a ruffle cake). Lindsay would also help us troubleshoot any problems and give us ideas if we were in a rut. She was extremely patient and knowledgeable. It was an excellent way to spend a Saturday afternoon! No rush, just a chance to be creative in a delicious environment!

The owner, Amanda, is also a sweetheart. She recently donated a gift for a silent auction I was organizing for a non-profit I work with. On the day of the event, she dropped off a box of macaons to add to the display, and it was wonderful seeing a donor go that extra mile without asking for anything in return!

Check out Le Dolci! They are so down-to-earth, the food is delicious and their cooking classes are absolutely amazing!