“Terrible Customer Service”

Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible Customer Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2011

My experience at suya spot on weston road was terrible. They acted like they were doing me a favour whereas I was not getting suya for free. I walked in with a smile and did not get one back in return. Not even a greeting. They were very rude and abnoxious. Mr T, they call the guy and some girl serving; Maina or something like were damn rude. I vow never to go back there. The beef was burnt. I took my paid suya and walked out really angry. Never experience such terrible customer service. Pls do not go here people. I tried MJ suya and it was fab. Excellent taste and customer service was perfect.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank Chantal V

Toronto, Canada
“Has potential...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2011

My husband decided to get take out from this restro around the corner in the hopes that it could become a regular spot. He placed an order for tsaira (beef) and goat suya, was told it would take awhile, so he went next door for a beer. More than an hour later he finally brought it home. The goat was tasty, much of the beef rather chewy. The hot peanut spices were super spicy, only a small amount could be eaten on the meats. We would have definitely liked to have at least one side to go with the meats - some carbs, or veggies. Hubby said there was nothing. I see their website says at the bottom of their very small menu specials are rice pancake & fried plantain, and eko, akara, fried yam, & sweet potato, boli & ekpa are subject to availability. Maybe regulars go there just for meat, and make their own rice and salad, or get them from another restaurant.
If they expand their menu, we'd give it another try, and probably eat in their dining room. But as it currently is, the cost, which was I believe $10 each for only meat, was not a good value.

• Visited August 2011