“It don't mean a thing if ain't got that zing ...”
Review of Just Thai - CLOSED

Just Thai
Cuisines: Thai
Neighborhood: Downtown
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Wish I'd read the other reviews before going. I'm just arrived in Toronto, in a hotel just round the corner, quite fancied a Thai, seemed like an obvious choice. Sad to say the friendly service and pleasant ambience were let down by the food. Chicken Satay sauce was overly sweet, no chilli heat. The Pad Thai was even more disappointing, as another reviewer commented, very gloopy, but worse: again no real flavour. Really can't recommend this, plenty of alternatives within the same block.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I've been here a few times before and always enjoyed it. However, on my last visit, things have gone downhill. Maybe it's under new management? The interior setup has been changed, and the lights are very bright for the restaurant. There was cutlery and dishwashing trays sitting on the restaurant tables. Most troubling was the wait staff, all of whom were very unprofessional -- not particularly friendly and often times standing around talking in the middle of the restaurant. The food was OK, but not as good as it has been on my past visits. Overall, this last visit turned me off of the place and I won't be returning.

1  Thank cdn_vygr
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Avocado spring rolls were tasty + nice presntation.
Other than that I have nothing good to say about this place:
Service was unprofessional. Waitress didn’t know much about the food and wines and actually said she prefers ordering her Pad Thai somewhere else!
She was right: rest of the food was blend. We did get a free glass of wine, as the waiter realised we were not happy.
I don’t think I’m coming back :-(

1  Thank neil4top
Reviewed December 11, 2012

One of our favourite places to visit in Toronto! I can't get enough of the Taste of Just Thai vegetarian appetizer plate. It's a great way to try a variety of delicious Thai dishes such as mango salad, fried tofu, spring rolls, etc. and fabulous peanut sauce. It's worth ordering a martini from the drink menu. I would recommend the White Elephant. The service has always been great (even during PRIDE week) with really friendly waiters.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Perhaps my knowledge of Thai food is not up to snuff, but I can certainly say, I just loved the food. It was nicely spiced (perhaps, too hot for some, but not for me). Went with a couple friends and we all thought it was fabulous. The portions were very good size, could not eat all the food. I only regret not taking the left-overs home. I will definitely be back.