“Stay AWAY, very disgusted by the rudeness”
Review of Congee Time

Congee Time
Ranked #5,146 of 8,722 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: North York
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Worst service.
Food is not great either. Why waste your time here?
There are soooo many more chinese restaurants that you could go to and are wayyy better and serve you like a person and do not treat you like dogs, as they do at Congee Time.
DO NOT GO HERE!
Came here with my family the other night, it was very crowded so we got our number and waited along the side to wait.
After some time and noticing that some people who had come after us were seated first, I went to the hostess to ask politely why our number had been crossed off or was ever called.
He yelled and shouted:
"Oh my goshhh, I was calling your number, everyone else here heard, oh my goshhhh, I just gave away your table, I called your number!!!"
I asked, " Ok, well we have been waiting on the side, and it is crowded, we didn't hear you, is there anyway we can get the next 3-person table"
He replied
"Ask anyone, I called your number, everyone here heard me call your number, ask anyone! ask anyone! You will have to start all over again"
I said "I don't think you didn't say my number however it is very rude how you are speaking to us right now. You are being extremely rude to us as a customer. It's not the fact that you called our number but now you are saying " TOUGH" it's your fault you didn't hear your number!"
The waiter was incredibly rude and kept exclaiming "Ask anyone. Everyone heard your number"
Thank you to the next customer who requested him nicely if we could get the next 3-person table and yet he just kept replying "No, ask anyone, I called their number!!"

I don't think he understood that I was not upset that he gave away our table. Understandingly, it was crowded and very loud in the restaurant, not sure why he was getting upset at us that we didn't hear him call our number in these conditions....
When the real issue here was that he spoke down to us like we were dogs and blaming us for not hearing him.

Seriously, I can name sooo many more restaurants who don't treat you like filth and aren't filthy like congee time.
Congee Wong, in promenade Mall (bathurst and centre)
Congee Queen, steeles and 404
Asian King, Bathurst and Steeles
OR why not try some Korean/Japanese food south of Yonge around Finch.
In the end, chinese food is relatively similar here and there. It's the service that differentiates the good from the bad.... Congee Time nailed the bad, clearly.
It is sooo much more worth driving 5-10min to get away from this sub-par imitation congee wong (let's be real, we all know who they are really trying to be!)

Hope you consider
-If I could turn back time, I would never go to Congee Time....

There are newer reviews for Congee Time

Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

I leave near this restaurant and order here often.
Good for breakfast and night snack

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Totally Disgusting. This place is full of fleas and bugs. Bugs and flies were all over the wall and coming into our food. I told the waiter who also saw. Then talked to Manager and all she can say is Yes we know about the bugs but we are full so we cant put you anywhere else. She didnt even offer an apology or any reduction in bill. I was so apalled I just paid the bill in full and left all the food . The food had bugs from the walls all over.
This place would never pass an inspection. I don't think it will last long.

This ranks as my most disgusting restaurant I have ever been to.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

This restaurant appeared to have changed hand. The waiters, waitresses and cashier have all changed. The food quality was also not as good as before.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

good food
good price
good selection
good location
good service
best in the area

congee is very good
favorite soup is the house noodle soup with beef, beef brisket, wontons

1  Thank ilnemrac