“Great food & fast service”
Review of Congee Time

Congee Time
Ranked #5,010 of 8,469 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: North York
“Great food & fast service”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

This restaurant is a great value; the food comes in big portions and the service is pretty fast.

Try not to order too many dishes if you're part of a smaller party, as they are pretty big, and are mostly made for sharing.

• Visited June 2012
20 Thank Francis R

Oshawa, Canada
“Great Food, Great Prices”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Have been to this restaurant numerous times, and have yet to have a bad experience.

Sometimes the language barrier is an issue, but my Fiance speaks Chineese so we get along fine. The portions are huge, but the price is reasonable.

Like we brought a group of 6 adults there and we ate till we were bursting and still brought food home, and i think the bill was $50.

You do have to get there early or go at an odd time, because they do get busy very quickly, but they also cycle the tables pretty fast too. But if you need one of the round tables which can seat 6-10 people, there might be a wait.

Great food, great prices, and you have to try the seafood congee, YUM!!

• Visited April 2012
20 Thank helicrazed
Richmond Hill, Canada
“It won't be "Congee Time" for us again.”
Reviewed May 3, 2012

We have been going here every few months for a number of years. Yesterday's trip was likely the last.
The food was unbelievably salty and the portions were smaller than they used to be (almost thankfully). The men's bathroom was in terrible disrepair with half-covered graffiti and the sole toilet seat lying on the floor making it very difficult for my son.

• Visited May 2012
3 Thank sd90mac6000
Toronto, Canada
“Worst Service ever”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Went to this restaurant a few nights ago; the server didn't speak English and totally screwed up my order and then got mad at me when I said something!

Visited January 2012
3 Thank Steph K
Toronto, Ontario
“Very good lunch”
Reviewed January 7, 2012

I went for lunch with a large group of co-workers. No problem getting seated since we had a reservation. Large groups are put in the middle of the restaurant at big tables. Smaller groups sit at the edges of the room. It does get noisy when the restaurant is busy.

The food was very good. We ordered a variety of dishes and shared amongst the group. I enjoyed the shrimp congee and chicken congee. The hot and sour soup was also good. Most of our group did not like the house special chicken since it had a yellow skin and was served cold. However I tried it with the ginger sauce and thought it was tasty so I ate most of this dish. Service was prompt but the servers are busy so don't be afraid to speak up to get their attention. It was a very good lunch and I'll be back.

• Visited December 2011