“Must do!”

Edge Walk at the CN Tower
More attraction details
Owner description: EdgeWalk is the "World's Highest External Walk on a Building" (Guinness World Record), a full circle hands-free walk on a 5 ft (1.5 m) wide ledge encircling the top of the Tower's main pod. Visitors walk in groups of six, while attached to an overhead safety rail via a trolley and harness system. Trained EdgeWalk guides encourage participants to push their personal limits, allowing them to lean back over Toronto with nothing but air and breathtaking views of Lake Ontario beneath them. Designed with the highest international safety and security standards in mind, EdgeWalk runs 1.5 hours, with the outdoor walk lasting approximately 30 minutes. Tickets include a keepsake video, photos and certificate of achievement. Participants also receive a CN Tower re-admission General Admission ticket + SkyPod (includes access to LookOut, Glass Floor/outdoor SkyTerrace, SkyPod Levels). EdgeWalk operates seasonally from spring to late fall, 7 days a week, and hours of operation fluctuate depending on daylight.
Reviewed May 20, 2013

So the whole experience is 175 plus tax but for a once in a life time experience, definitely worth it. The fee includes your walk, gear etc. and at the end you also get a video of the experience( your actual walk) and two pictures. It is a scary but fantastic experience. The walk is about 25 minutes and the rest is prep time. It is a totally safe to do they they explain all the safety features in case you doubt it. We had fantastic sunny weather which make the whole experience so much better. You can book on line or at the cn tower although we were told they get pretty booked up so i would do it online. Do it, you won't regret it! Also, at the end of the experience you get a voucher to come back to the top deck of the cn tower within the next 3 days. Thats usually worth 20 bucks.

4  Thank Iluvztravelz

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Well, I think I can safely say that nothing else will ever be scary ever again. The experience is kinda pricey, but in my opinion well worth it. If you want to experience Toronto from (literally) a whole new angle, this has to be the way to do it. Briefing and setup are all top notch, and the safety gear is clearly well designed and takes anyone up to 140kg. The guide was brilliant - infectious enthusiasm and did a great job keeping everyone calm.

Once you're up there, the sensation is amazing. No guard rails, and on the sunny day we had, the most amazing views across Toronto and southern Ontario. You're asked to do things that go against human instinct - putting your faith in the equipment and guide is a big thing to do, but exhilarating when you do!

The price includes 2 printed photos (individual and group), plus a DVD of you looking like a scared fool, and you can get all the pictures they take on a USB stick for aorund $25, plus entry to the 'standard' bits of the CN Tower valid for more than just the day you do Edge Walk.

A must-do if you're in town - ignore the credit card screaming and get up there.

1  Thank MancDubya
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Completely safe and 150% amazing. Well worth the money. It is chilly up there whether or not its nice out. I went in August and it was snowing while i was up. You also can purchase a USB for only $16 at the end with all the pictures and a video of while you were up there.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Since booking this experience I was a little apprehensive and nervous, I even doubted myself going through with it because I'm that afraid of heights ( I'm even scared of roller coasters and fair rides !).

Upon arrival I was nervous and the nerves kept building all the way up to the top, in fact the elevator ride up made me really nervous. As soon as the doors opened to the outside and I saw the view all my nerves disappeared!

This experience is absolutely amazing and well worth the price ! The only thing that could have been better is the weather ( it was quite a windy day ).

The guides are amazing and allowed us to do various poses for photos that the top.

All in all, we'll worth the money - don't hesitate - even if you're scared of heights !

Reviewed April 29, 2013

My family and I did Edge Walk in April 2013 and it was awesome! The walks don't seem to be very busy this early in the season so it was just us on the walk. Because there were only three of us, the guide had more time to talk about what we were seeing and tell little stories about Toronto. We went on a clear, warm day but they do it in all weather and it would be really scary/awesome to go during a rain/high winds. It also would be neat to do it while a Blue Jays game was on and the Sky Dome was open. I'm from Toronto but it was awesome to hear all sorts of stories about the buildings in the city that I hadn't known before. As a tourist, I think it would be a great way to get a 'lay of the land' when first arriving. The different challenges - lean back over the edge, lean forwards over the edge - were very scary but the pictures turn out great. Definitely worth doing, despite being very pricey.

1  Thank AlJess902