“Great for beginner and experienced thrill seekers”

Edge Walk at the CN Tower
More attraction details
Owner description: EdgeWalk is the "World's Highest External Walk on a Building" (Guinness World Record), a full circle hands-free walk on a 5 ft (1.5 m) wide ledge encircling the top of the Tower's main pod. Visitors walk in groups of six, while attached to an overhead safety rail via a trolley and harness system. Trained EdgeWalk guides encourage participants to push their personal limits, allowing them to lean back over Toronto with nothing but air and breathtaking views of Lake Ontario beneath them. Designed with the highest international safety and security standards in mind, EdgeWalk runs 1.5 hours, with the outdoor walk lasting approximately 30 minutes. Tickets include a keepsake video, photos and certificate of achievement. Participants also receive a CN Tower re-admission General Admission ticket + SkyPod (includes access to LookOut, Glass Floor/outdoor SkyTerrace, SkyPod Levels). EdgeWalk operates seasonally from spring to late fall, 7 days a week, and hours of operation fluctuate depending on daylight.
Ottawa, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great for beginner and experienced thrill seekers”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

As a thrill seeker, I was very excited about this attraction. The safety protocols and examinations are very thorough and at points very repetetive. Very good for your peace of mind. As soon as you step onto the ledge outside, you already have a spectacular view of Lake Ontario. The 'activities' such as standing half of the ledge, leaning backwards, etc. really give your nerves a test, but it's well worth it. The guides are very fun and encouraging. Memories are made up there.

1 Thank Potonka

17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Great experience!”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Had a great experience on the CN Tower Edge Walk. Felt 100% safe during the event. Was triple checked. They ensured that that everything loose was taken from us and we were able to lock up our belongings. The comments below very accurately describe the experience. Fantastic view as it was a clear summer day. Definitely check the weather forecast ahead of time if you're able to, before booking. All staff were very friendly and thorough. Our guide took awesome pics of my sis and I on the Edge. I felt the price of the attraction was worth it. It included one solo pic, one group pic, a DVD and a certificate. We also took advantage of some of the other attractions...but agree with previous comment about a busy Sunday afternoon, we waited well over an hour to get up to the highest point of the tower. For an additional $15 we were able to purchase a USB stick with all of our pictures from our time up on the Edge. My sis and I just split the cost and it was well worth it cause we got some really awesome pics. The other option available was to pay an additional $5 for any additional pictures ordered. Only hiccup was that when I went home and checked the USB, there were no pictures to be found. I called up staff at the CN tower and they were quick to email me the pics of my sis and I on the tower.

vancouver
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My family and friends thought I was crazy...and I've never done anything like this before! But today I did the edgewalk on TOP of the CN Tower in Toronto, Ontario. I was visiting my cousin who lives in Canada and he thought it would be a great way to see the city. He was right.

The staff are all amazing and they double check EVERYTHING! Although extremely nervous, I felt very safe and secure. Our instructor/guide called herself Daffy (I can't remember her real name) but she was FANTASTIC! She was hilarious and yet still so professional. Within a few minutes of meeting her I knew I could trust her. She took so many great photos and I learned so much about the city. We even sang happy birthday from the edge for one of the guys in our group. It was all so much fun!

The tickets are pricey (errr, $200)- but let me tell you - it is worth every cent! You get photos, the dvd and we had the option to buy a memory stick with so many awesome photos (we did!). You also get a ticket to do the whole tower but after our walk we went straight to get drinks. We earned it, right?

This is a "must do" activity if you're visiting Toronto. Ask for the guide Daffy if you can, she was bouncing with energy and you can tell has a passion for her cool job.

1 Thank Sam C
Toronto
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Toes over Toronto!”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I'd been looking forward to doing Edge Walk for a long time, and it certainly exceeded all my expectations. I'm not afraid of heights, and couldn't wait to peer over the edge from 116 storeys above Toronto. There are only six participants at a time, led by an experienced walking guide. The guide we had, Jo, was an Aussie from Perth who added a lot of fun to the whole experience. The best part...leaning face-first over the edge and looking straight down at the city below! Unbelievable! I know it's not cheap (about $175) but it's money well spent. If you get the chance...do this! Here's a short video clip of my adventure: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n__O8_hHnek&feature=results_video

1 Thank Recon905
Halifax, Canada
105 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 280 helpful votes
“Great experience..but not for those afraid of heights”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We did the Edgewalk on August 6th. It was the perfect day, clear and not a cloud in the sky! We could see the states, and Niagara Falls clearly.
First you go to basecamp and sign in. You meet with your group and 2 instructors who are informative and know exactly what they are talking about. You can`t bring anything on the walk with you, but they give you a locker to put your things in, and then the key goes around your neck. You have to have your hair tied back if it is long (mine is shoulder length and had to be tied back) and they have hair ties there if you didn`t bring one. I didn`t bring one and one of the instructors actually asked me my favorite color and gave me a hair tie in that color ;)
They also have sneakers there if yours aren`t ok to go out with for any reason. These are free of charge.
They check and double check your harness multiple times, making me feel safe. Our guide (Amy) was FANTASTIC. I am terrified of heights but really wanted to try this, and she made me feel very comfortable and didn`t pressure me in to doing any of the activities once outside (toes over Toronto, lean back, etc.) as she knew I wasn`t comfortable. I never felt pressured and she was very patient, she really made the experience great for us.
It IS scary, even my fiance who isn`t afraid of heights was nervous, but everyone had a good time and we had a great group with us (2 other couples). I wouldn`t do this again, mostly because it is very expensive for what it is and also because once was enough for me! I do suggest other people try this, it is a thrill and not something everyone gets to do, so if you can then you should take advantage of that.
As always, all the staff at the tower were great; they are all funny, personable and know their stuff. Had a great experience, the view is unbeatable. We got to take home photos, a video, certificate saying we did it, and the experience itself.