“for the adrenaline junkies...”

Edge Walk at the CN Tower
More attraction details
Owner description: EdgeWalk is the "World's Highest External Walk on a Building" (Guinness World Record), a full circle hands-free walk on a 5 ft (1.5 m) wide ledge encircling the top of the Tower's main pod. Visitors walk in groups of six, while attached to an overhead safety rail via a trolley and harness system. Trained EdgeWalk guides encourage participants to push their personal limits, allowing them to lean back over Toronto with nothing but air and breathtaking views of Lake Ontario beneath them. Designed with the highest international safety and security standards in mind, EdgeWalk runs 1.5 hours, with the outdoor walk lasting approximately 30 minutes. Tickets include a keepsake video, photos and certificate of achievement. Participants also receive a CN Tower re-admission General Admission ticket + SkyPod (includes access to LookOut, Glass Floor/outdoor SkyTerrace, SkyPod Levels). EdgeWalk operates seasonally from spring to late fall, 7 days a week, and hours of operation fluctuate depending on daylight.
Reviewed August 2, 2012

This is one of the must-do things for thrillseekers. I was very impressed with the amount of security and safety checks that we had to go through. It added to my wife's anxiety who thought that she was very afraid of heights. Looks like she can check that off now. The whole thing takes about 90 minutes with about 40 minutes of safety checks, prep talk and suiting up for the adventure. Except prescription glasses (which are also secired by them), you are not allowed to carry any accessory / jewellry / camera / phone with you. They have a locker to store all the belongings (small and big size) and the key is also secured to your suit. Even the bands i wear on my wrist for religious reasons were taped. Everyone also goes through a breath analyzer and if you are not wearing sneakers, you can get from them. There is no extra charge for that. Be sure to use the restroom before the start of this activity as there is no option for the next 90 minutes.The walk outside lasts for about 25 - 30 minutes and the guide also talks about the sights that you see from the top. I think it is most fun to be the first or last in the group (and then may change the order) to be able to do the activities the first in the group. Typically those spots are for the most visibly confident people. Though very expensive at CDN 175 plus tax, it was the highlight of our trip. The ticket includes all the other attractions at CN Tower like the glass bottom floor, movie, a ride and view from skypod. The skypod is a further 31 stories higher than the edge walk and is a great way to get a look at the edge walk participants and get a perspective of the craziness of this activity.

1  Thank agog99

Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

So as someone who is scared of heights I've no idea why I did this. The whole things is very well organised. Everything is at least triple checked for safety. There is no way you are falling the 1200 feet off the cn tower - that's your logic speaking but when you are up there it is still an awesomely terrifying sight! Not only do you walk all the way round the tower but you walk to the edge with your toes hanging over the city. You lean right back off the tower and also lean all the way forwards. The guide points out all the sights of Toronto and we had the bonus of the sky dome roof being openened beneath us for a game. All in it took. About 90 minutes with about 30 on the edge. Not cheap but do I regret spending the 170 dollars and tax?? Not one bit!

2  Thank Mwpeggie
Reviewed July 29, 2012

It was my boyfriend's first trip to Toronto and he is quite the adrenaline junkie - so I thought Edge Walk at the CN Tower would be the perfect way to introduce him to the city. Let me tell you - it did not disappoint. When I first saw the price I was a little put off as it was about $400 for the two of us. However, it was worth every penny. Keep in mind you get photos, a DVD and your tickets are good for 3 days! We went back the next night to the Sky Pod etc...The experience was very exciting although seriously scary for me. However, it was incredibly safe - you are not going anywhere! It's probably more dangerous driving down the 401. The staff are so professional and careful and well trained. You take things at your own pace and try whatever activities you want to do such as leaning over backwards and forwards. You are only up there for about 30 minutes and walk the full 360 degrees of the tower. The views are spectacular. What a great way to introduce someone to Toronto!

Reviewed July 23, 2012

This is only for the bravest souls: you walk along the outside edge of the CNTower with a guide while tethered by a cable to a track. The views are outstanding of course, we looked down on the Jays battling practice! Still can't believe I did that! So glad I scrounged up the courage!

2  Thank leapn
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I participated in the EdgeWalk on Saturday, July 21. The weather was perfect! The group that runs this attraction know what they're doing. The equipment is exceptionally well maintained and the staff, including the "base camp" staff, guides and the "Summit Room" staff are thoroughly trained and very attentive. Because I trusted myself and the equipment, I was surprisingly calm and enjoyed the experience immensely.

3  Thank John B