“Very Enjoyable Time”

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Very Enjoyable Time”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

6 of us went on the toronto harbour cruise dinner cruise (June). We had all boughten our tickets from a daily deal site (wagjag) at the cost of 35.00.

We were checked in upon boarding on time and given dinner cards. We were very excited as it was a gorgeous sunny day. After we boarding we made our way to the upper deck where we were able to choose a table for our party.

Music was playing and the ship had a great vibe to it. We hung around near the bar area for a bit as the roof to the upper deck was open.

Bar service was great and drink prices were fair as well.

The ship was clean as far as we could see. Ok its not the love boat, but its as clean as any other ships at the Harbour as we go on a cruise every year. This was our first with this company.

Dinner cards were called by colour which makes sense as you can not have 100 people rushing for food at once.

We all loved dinner and dessert. Why people are complaing is above me. Some of these reviews makes me wonder if they were even on the same cruise as we were.

After dinner we all just walked around the ship, had drinks and enjoyed a beautifull day on the lake.

I am not a big person to do reviews on places but to be honest, after reading some of these reviews I thought I owed it to the company to give them a big thumbs up as we all enjoyed our cruise.

1 Thank Donna H

Barrie, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Aurora Borealis Disco Themed Dinner Cruise June 2012”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Myself, my husband and two other couples booked the Disco Themed Dinner Cruise on Saturday June 23, 2012 through Wagjag. We had a fantastic time. We dressed up for the cruise in disco attire, what a hoot, lots of people were taking our pictures. I don't know why people are complaining. The boat was clean, the food was good, the drinks were good, all of the staff were very accommodating. The music was great and we danced the night away. The weather was beautiful which was an added bonus. The only thing that was not up to par was that they advertise prizes and such...but there was nothing....which for us was fine we had an excellent time and would recommend this to anyone.

1 Thank Lorriscott
Toronto, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Could use a lot of TLC”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I'm basing my review on the fact that I used a discount to go on this cruise. Discounts are readily available if you do a little checking around. I also read quite a few awful reviews after I had purchased my tickets so perhaps I wasn't expecting the worst as my girlfriend and I boarded the boat.

Pros: THE STAFF was pleasant and good. Particularly, there were three young crew members who were helpful and active doing several duties including serving the food, cleaning, and setting up the canopy when it started to rain. I wouldn't say anyone was going above and beyond, but they definitely looked like they were trying to do their best, though they seemed almost too aware of what possibly could go wrong based on experience. THE VIEW of Toronto at night is nice --though not really special-- from the water and it was very peaceful amongst the channels of the islands.

Decidedly Average: THE FOOD was what it was. The menu and serving style was as described in other reviews here. Our chicken breasts were tender with a thin wine sauce, the pasta was mushy with a too sweet tomato sauce, roll, caesar salad. Saw the drinks in the mini plastic cups but we just stuck with the free tea. The dessert (cake and a cookie) was grocery store quality, which means edible but passable. Fresh fruit would have been better.

Cons: THE BOAT (I say "boat" because I still associate the term "yacht" with finer things) needs some desperate TLC. They say the best boat you could be on is the one that doesn't sink, so the Aurora is a fine lady in that regard. She just deserves a bit more love, then. We were fortunate to have a shared table on the upper, open deck. Despite the plastic chairs and tables, it was a nice setting with the sky overhead. We did have to use the black canopy a bit which made it less inviting. The downstairs dining and serving area is depressing. The peeling wall paper and dingy carpet both need to be changed. Ceiling is low and the panels are chipped and stained. The furniture looks like it had been scavenged. The whole outer dingy siding of the boat could use a repaint.

THE LITTLE THINGS that were unfortunate as well included THE DANCE-ROCK MUSIC which was way, way too loud, probably to compensate for the fact that it was all coming out of two blaring speakers at the back of the boat instead of through a surround system. A mellower playlist seemed more befitting this cruise, too. They didn't have enough CUTLERY for the guests and I don't think we were even at capacity. Tearing open a bag of plastic forks and knives in front of customers is a bit sad (and then running out of those, too). The LENGTH OF THE CRUISE was maybe a half hour too long at 3 hours. They could have probably cut out the foray to the east side of the islands, not much to see there anyway. We were a little bored by that point.

So in the end, my girlfriend and I were in a good mood when we got on the Aurora and were still in a good mood when we disembarked, though a wee bit bored and with a lingering ringing in the ears from the music. If it had been raining constantly and had I paid full price, I think my own spirits would have been slightly more dampened.

You get what you pay for...well almost. Just make sure you don't pay full price.

2 Thank TreeNSquirrel
St. Thomas, Ontario
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Better than expected”
Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

We booked this dinner cruise prior to reading any of the posted reviews, and once we did read the reviews we were pretty leary about going. But once we boarded, we were pleasantly surprised. It seems that they have cleaned up the boat, it was freshly painted, the ladies washroom had been newly renovated and the men's washroom is under renovation. Although the dinner is not quite a buffet, the food was quite good and the portions were plentiful. The chicken was very tasty and tender, the pasta was great and the caesar salad was fresh and tasty. We were told we could go for seconds once everyone had been served, but we were full enough that this wasn't necessary. Dinner was not served on paper plates and we had regular cutlery. Later on in the cruise, dessert was served, a choice of a generous piece of either chocolate or white cake and coffee. Although the tables and chairs on the second deck are plastic, there is a linen tablecloth on the table and the chairs were quite comfortable. The main deck does have wooden chairs, and apparently the second deck has to have plastic because it can be an open deck. We boarded before the 5:30pm boarding time and the bar was already open. Drinks/beer/coolers were priced as expected at any licensed establishment. The customer service from all staff on board including the captain was very friendly and helpful. We were greeted by the captain upon boarding and he even allowed guests into the cabin for pictures. The cruise itself was very nice. It was a beautiful day sailing around the island and the scenery was spectacular. Beautiful views of the Toronto skyline and the island. Based on last years reviews, this boat tour has definitely taken a turn for the better. We were a group of 10 and we all had a great time and have no complaints. We would definitely go on this cruise again. Kudos to the captain and his staff for greatly improving this cruise!

4 Thank HOG-dogs
Kitchener, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A very sketchy tour operator”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Not at all as advertised, musty, rusty and unsafe. Should be investigated for their lack of safety standards at least. Surly staff, dirty vessel, no narration, no music not enough seating for the passengers,no refreshments available as advertised. Crashed heavily into the pier at the end sending my child crashing into the wall. Of note, my credit card was compromised and the charges incurred were on the date of that cruise. I would not ever recommend this to anyone.

Visited May 2012