“25th anniversary...”

Old Mill Toronto
Ranked #24 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We booked a king suite for our 25th wedding anniversary. When we arrived we were wished a happy anniversary and informed that they had upgraded us to their top suite! Absolutely breathtaking! A lovely card, bottle of wine and chocolates were waiting for us. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, ordered room service for dinner and relaxed in our giant sized jacuzzi! I cannot express enough appreciation to the hotel for helping to create a perfect memory!

Room Tip: King suite room 401...stunning!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
OldMillToronto, Manager at Old Mill Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

Dear Lorri R,

Congratulations on celebrating your 25th wedding anniversary! I am delighted to know that we provided you with an exceptional experience for this wonderful milestone.

Knowing that we gave you the "perfect experience" makes us proud to know that our staff goes above and beyond to make each guest stay memorable.

We look forward to welcoming you back again for many more of life's milestones.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I've stayed at the Old Mill on three occasions and have never been disappointed with the experience. The room is always ready upon arrival; it's clean and most comfortable. Kudos also to the staff - they always try and go that extra mile to make sure your visit is memorable.

Room Tip: I've always been most satisfied with my rooms
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Dear patricia h,

Welcome back and thank you for sharing your stay with future Trip Advisor guests. We are honoured that you have chosen to stay with us on multiple occasion and that each time we provide you with service you have come to expect and love.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We stayed at the Old Mill for 2 nights, before and night of our wedding. We had a lovely suite, which was the size of many downtown Toronto condos. It was very comfortable and convenient for us. We'd definitely stay there again!

Dear Michelle L,

Congratulations on your nuptials! Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your wedding overnight and for sharing your experience with future visitors.

Our staff make every effort to ensure that all the details are tended to make each guest stay most memorable.

We look forward to welcoming you back for more of life's special moments.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Since we have relatives living close to the Old Mill, this is our 'go to' place to stay when we visit. How fortunate we are! We stayed in room 510 this time, a king suite, and loved the room. Quiet, very comfortable bed, nice furnishings, slightly dated but very nice bathroom. The continental breakfast was included in the price of the room and was OK - the usual cereals, yoghurts and baked goods along with some deli meats, salmon and fruit. If you are looking for an elegant place to stay and price isn't a deal-breaker then you have found your place!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Demisemiquaver,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of your most recent stay to the Old Mill Toronto. We are delighted to welcome you here as your home away from home when visiting family.

We take pride in all of our services and all that Old Mill has to offer and we look forward to welcome you back again and again!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I stayed at the Old Mill last week, because I had purchased a Groupon discount for this hotel, anticipating a visit to Toronto. I wanted to try this hotel, never having stayed here before. I was disappointed. The grounds of the complex are absolutely beautiful and I was expecting great things, from what I had heard from others, and the park- like setting, that greeted me, upon arrival. I was disappointed. It was more than an easy walk from the Old Mill Subway Station. Check-in was slow. My room was number 211, which was conveniently located within the complex, close to the elevators. The remote control unit for the television worked on a hit-or-miss basis. A note in the shower instructed me to "push the button" to divert the water to the shower head. I couldn't find it easily. After about 20 wasted minutes, I called the front desk. Someone arrived to assist me. The room was cold on arrival. No one had bothered to prepare the room in advance of my check-in. The much-touted fireplace was decorative, but not a heat source. The bed looked welcoming . However, the mattress proved to need replacing. The bed was hard and uncomfortable. Something kept disturbing my sleep during the night. I opted to skip the cold continental breakfast included with the Groupon. The upgrade to a hot continental breakfast didn't look very appealing. I skipped that, too. Everything about the menu looked "average", except the prices. I had noticed that about their dinner menu the night before. I won't be staying at the Old Mill again. I enjoy warmth and comfort when I travel and I want everything in my room to function, without incident. Value for money (VFM) here, was questionable, at best.

Room Tip: Make sure everything in it works as designed and that the bd is comfortable. Otherwise, ask them to...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Dear CanadianHere,

Thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor. I am sorry to hear that you did not get the experience you were looking for. Our staff made every effort to ensure that your needs were met through multiple visits to your room to show you how the various features worked in addition to accommodating an early check in for you hours before our check in time, and arranging for taxi service to the nearby subway just steps away from the hotel.

Old Mill has become famous for providing a good night’s rest and a heavenly experience for most of our travelers. We aim to please in every way possible.

While we strive to make all of our guests feel welcome and comfortable, it is clear that what we offer was not to your suitability and for that I do apologize.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

The attention to detail and commitment to excellent service create a beautiful experience.If the location and venue are the crown, then the staff are the jewels in the crown. I can find no fault. The perfect escape to get away from it all. I will be back.

Room Tip: I was upgraded to a Luxury King room which was beautiful - the bathroom was gorgeous but I imagine t...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
OldMillToronto, Manager at Old Mill Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear 10Judy10,

Thank you for sharing your most recent stay with future Trip Advisor guests. We are glad that you found the "perfect pace for some TLC" here at the Old Mill.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

This is our second time back to the Old Mill Toronto. The setting of the Old Mill is exquisite, set amongst new Toronto construction, the old historical mill sits. The grounds are lovely. Great for walks. The suites and rooms are truly beautiful. The staff spoils you from the moment you step through the front doors, from the reception desk where we met James, to your room with soft music playing and the fireplace going (seasonally, of course). A chilled bottle of wine awaits you in your room, candles around the soaker tub. A stocked bar, if you wish to partake for a fee! Lindsay checked in to be sure that our room was as we expected. Checkout the following day was quick and easy. This is a great place to go to unwind for a brief moment in time.

Room Tip: If you can book a room in the old part of the Mill, you are in for a real treat.

Dear Sandra M,

Welcome back and thank you for choosing to stay with us again! We are honoured to have you as part of the Old Mill family and providing you with a memorable experience that want you to come back for more.

We look forward to seeing you again.