“One of Toronto's most popular wedding venues...”
Review of Old Mill Toronto

Old Mill Toronto
Ranked #18 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Our violin and cello duo, trio and string quartet has performed here for many weddings and events over the years. The property is very attractive, and there are a number of great rooms for receptions on the lower floor. Staff have also been helpful.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
OldMillToronto, Manager at Old Mill Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2012

Dear Duod Amore,

Thank you for sharing your experience as a performing artist here at The Old Mill Toronto for our weddings. Truly known as one of Toronto's most popular and elegant wedding venues we have been part of many life's special moments over the decades and we are honoured to be held in such high esteem.

Thank you for being part of the magic and we always welcome our partners to make these special memories.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

We stayed at the Old Mill Inn after six weeks of traveling. Up until now our hotels had been CBD, which has been nice but it was so refreshing to stay in this lovely Inn. It is only a two minute walk for the metro and maybe 20 minutes or so into town, or a $30 cab fare. We found the ambience, the rooms, the staff and the food all to be excellent. We also went for a walk along the river and saw a deer! I would definitely recommend this to others.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Megan S,

thank yo for choosing to stay with us on your vacation from Australia. We are always delighted when see our international guests find us and write in their reviews. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. The Old Mill Toronto is nestled in the Humber Valley and true to the enviroment we are privy to the wonderful sights of nature while being able to enjoy the proximity to the city centre.

Should the wind ever bring you back this way, we hope that you will pop by for a visit again.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I was part of a bridal party for a wedding taking place at the Old Mill Inn, so I decided to get a room for the night with another friend.

This hotel is on a lovely property and it's a beautiful hotel. The room was lovely and the sheets divine! The bathroom felt a little dated, especially the shower. The water pressure was not great either. And there was lime scale

My friend and I, who arrived at different times, found the employees working at Reception to be quite snippy. Upon checkout I thought they were very nice.

Spa: I had my makeup for the wedding done at the spa. They were running over 30 minutes late, which obviously causes stress when you know you have to be somewhere by a certain time for the photographer. The spa manager was very apologetic, and did not charge me. I did not fuss, or complain at all, she offered compensation right away. I found them to be very professional in dealing with this matter and I appreciated it a lot.

WiFi: in this day and age, I can't believe that a hotel of this caliber and at the price per night, is charging (I believe it's $10/day) to use the internet.

Breakfast was a continental breakfast buffet. The quality of the food was good, the fruits were fresh, etc. There was a beautiful platter with smoked salmon, cream cheese, capers and red onion. But no bagels!! Or buns. Just slices of bread. It was also difficult to get a coffee refill, or even a glass of water. The waiters were not very attentive.

Overall, my experience was ok. But nothing stellar. Not sure if I would stay there again at that price.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Dear PlanetaryWanderer,

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your stay at The Old Mill Toronto. I have shared your comments with our staff so that we may continue to strive for service excellence. I am sorry to hear that you did not feel value for your stay. We listen to our guest feedback so that we may continually improve. With regards to the WIFI access, we now offer it complimentary.

I have also shared your comments with our Spa Director regarding the make up appointment. We take our feedback very seriously and this matter will be addressed.

We hope that you will choose to visit us again as we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Great hotel in great location. Pretty gardens and only a two minute walk to the subway.
The reception staff were excellent and very helpful. The room was ideal, not a great view out of the window. But other than that we had a fantastic time!

Dear FrancesFrancis,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with future travelers on Trip Advisor. Centrally located and convenient to downtown access, The Old Mill Toronto offers the perfect getaway while keeping you in touch with all the cities great hot spots.

We hope that you will visit us again as we look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

We received a great offer for this hotel thru Jaunt, and I've always liked the look of the hotel, so we thought we'd give it a try.

We entered our room and found the music playing, and our bottle of wine set out with a nice card from the hotel. We loved the jacuzzi tub and how the speakers piped the music into the bathroom where the tub was.

We decided to check the spa out and had an hour couples massage that we both loved!

We had dinner in the hotel bar, and that was just ok. Food was lukewarm and we didn't care for the atmosphere. We'd probably go off property for dinner next time.

The only real downside to the trip was our package included an upgrade or a late checkout of 2pm if available. We were not offered either at checking, and when I asked her about the late checkout, she offered me 1pm. We noted the 2pm on the sheet. The next day we received a call just after noon to see if we were checking out. This kind of spoiled things and we felt uncomfortable so we left soon after. Why offer late checkout if you don't want to honour it?

Room Tip: Not sure you could pick a bad room here!

Dear Chickkypoo,

Thank you for booking Jaunt and staying with here at The Old Mill Toronto. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the better part of your stay and I am sorry that we were not able to accommodate the suite upgrade or the late check out. Both of these options are based on availability depending on the business levels of the hotel. We do offer midweek promotions where the late checkout and the suite upgrade is granted at time of booking. This perhaps may be a more suitable option for you should you choose to stay with us again.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Dear fellow travellers,

I truly enjoy spas and relaxation retreats. However, the Old Mill Spa was everything but expected. I was given another gift card for the spa, the third one, so I decided to go and check out the service and get a Aromatherapy massage. I thought, how bad could a massage be? Just like the first two times, the lady that was doing my massage talked to me the whole way through. I was worried about that at the start because I had thought maybe the first two times were rare for alot of chatter. Yet, this was just the same (with another lady). I listened to her talk the whole 45 minutes. At times. as i tried to drift off, the chatter continued. The second time I had a young lady texting through my time there. I will not be going there every again. The building itself is lovely, however there are many other places you can go to when visiting Toronto that are higher quality, while paying MUCH less.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Mar L

Dear Mar L,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your spa service at The Spa at Old Mill. Your comments have been shared with our Spa Director who will address this with our Massage Therapists as a movement to improve our services. I am sorry to hear that you did not get the relaxing treatment you were looking for. Many of our Spa clients thoroughly enjoy our services as we have built an excellent reputation over the years with many loyal clients.

We hope that you will take a chance on us and visit us again. If your preference is to have a quiet session please make your preference known and we are always happy to accommodate graciously.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

My wife and I took a mid-week mini vacation. The room, spa, bar, restaurant, grounds and surrounding area are beautiful and served to make our trip relaxing and enjoyable.
Meeting and being greeted by the Desk staff made check-in a pleasure. I received a first rate massage at the Spa, had one of the finest martinis I have ever tasted at the bar made by a bar tender who is obviously skilled at his craft.
A before supper walk of the grounds and exploration of the Inn demonstrated many large banquet/meeting rooms, many stategically placed "breakout areas and rooms". Supper was perfectly prepared and served on the outdoor terrace by a friendly waiter.
An after supper walk of the Humber River valley topped off the evening (we were offered hotel bicycles but chose to walk instead) leaving us completely relaxed.
We served breakfast from a lovely and nutritious buffet making us hesitant to leave.
Although we were there on a mini vacation, I recommend this site as the perfect business meeting or large party facility as well.

Dear Atytood,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your midweek stay. We pride ourselves on being able to provide a relaxing getaway for special occasions or even just to take a mini vacation.

The perfect place for social gatherings and corporate events The Old Mill Toronto has a little bit of something for everyone.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another relaxing time.