“Worts ever lodging”

Exton, PA
“Worts ever lodging”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2007

Hello everyone,

I've never known that staying in a Days Inn (Lakeview East Toronto) would be a disaster that much...

I have made my reservation through your call center and gave them my credit number. TOTAL ROOM RATE was : $ 349.96 Canadian Dollar. My wife has arrived couple hours before than me. Front desk clerk (Sami) charged on her credit card as $400.00 (that higher even after taxes)

After I arrived the hotel I asked him why did he charged my wife's credit card while he is having my card number and knowing me coming in a couple hours. He said it is "Hotel Policy".

I work for an international company and travel a lot in USA and Canada. I have never was pre-charged by any other Hotels in North America. I told him that was insulting. He murmured and never gave a satisfying answer. When I request cancelling the transaction he refused and mentioned that was a "Hotel Policy" as well. He said he can only cancel that transaction if we agreed to be charged on our card as corrected amount. Middle of the night I didn't have any other choice and I had to accept what he said. He charged us on our credit card. Ne never apologized for overcharged.

Next day morning I have seen CAA / AAA sign on front desk wall. I requested the front desk lady to be applied CAA / AAA discount. She said that is not gonna happen, it was too late. I have never been mentioned AAA discount could be applicable in the hotel when I was making my reservation at first place. That was second failure.

Third morning while I was preparing my breakfast I realized the bagels were mildewed. Again when I mentioned to service staff he looked me like that I was guilty and brought another package without apologizing.

That was my ever worse lodging experience and it is pity having a beautiful location but inexperienced stuff combination.

Akif

3 Thank akifucmak

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Brasilia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2007

The room was clean, good bed. No problems with staff. The only thing that was a little disturbing was the elevator's noise - our room was on his side. It's far from Toronto downtown, but it was okay because we were by car. There wasn't a lake view at all. Neighborhood good. I recommend it.

• Liked — bathroom
  • Disliked — elevator's noise and location
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Quebec
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2006

Stayed there for 3 days, clean hotel and semi friendly staff. Was charged $10 extra for arriving early even though I specified we'de\ be arriving early. Some staff members were great while others were just plain rude.

Free wireless room internet was helpful to allow for our work to be done, but there seemed to be a slight problem with a toothbrush. (I forgot mine and asked for one there. After 3 hour, I finally had to go back and remind them)

Nice stay though. I would go back there again. Good location - about 20 minutes to downtown TO

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Some of the staff was ride
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2006

Although not right in the downtown area, and kind of hard to get to since it's on a one-way street, the hotel was clean, comfortable and affordable. A good value. The room was clean overall (but needed to be dusted and a few little repairs made; the phone didn't work) and comfortable. I don't think many of the rooms have a view of the lake though (maybe on the top floor, over the trees). The free continental breakfast was convenient and the food was fresh. Staff were friendly and accommodated us pleasantly when we arrived before regular checkin time. A great alternative to the pricey downtown hotels.

• Stayed June 2006
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2005

The room was large, clean and in good condition. The front desk staff were pleasant. I enjoyed the breakfast and the price for the room was very fair. If I am in this area again, I would choose this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2005
Williamson NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2005

Stayed one night at the Days Inn Lakeview on Kingston Road in Toronto. We picked this hotel mainly because of the price, it was about half what the downtown hotels were charging. You can pick up a TTC bus about a block down the road, which takes you to Victoria Park subway station. From there you can access anywhere in downtown Toronto easily, though be prepared for about a 40 minute ride. The hotel was very well-kept, clean, and quiet. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They suggested a local eating spot within walking distance (Bo Peep) which is a neighborhood diner with very good food and reasonable prices. We ate dinner one night, and breakfast the next day at Bo Peep. There is also a Tim Hortons and several other diners within walking distance. The only drawback to this hotel is the distance from downtown. If you want a nice quiet place to stay and can't afford the downtown prices, this a great choice.

1 Thank jmohanlall
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2005

Reasonably priced ($90 Canadian), but the location was 20 to 30 minutes to everything touristy. Free praking. No subway nearby. The rooms were clean, lobby was new. Staff somewhat irritable to guests and very much want to "negotiate" everything. Internet access not available unless you get upgrade business suite. Breakfast was good but doesn't change. Near to Bluffer's Park, a nice trip to Lake Ontario site (no swimming).