“Good enough”

Ranked #68 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
prior lake mn
“Good enough”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Stayed for one night as part of a conference. Felt slightly off beaten path when I tried to track down fellow conference goers from other hotels. Front desk staff was helpful upon check in and also to get me a cab. Lobby felt crowded and elevator woodwork had been recently varnished (that day?) so smell going up and down on elevator from room was strong and was worried about leaning against wood for fear of staining white shirt. Rooms were fine and hotel shuttle was good too. No substantial issues, solid hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Peter K, General Manager at Courtyard Toronto Airport, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Todd F
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience at the Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Airport.
I am sorry about the issue with the elevator panels, we did just up- date the elevators and had all the brass resurfaced and wood panels done to keep a clean and updated product. The majority of our clients like the location with the easy access to all highways 401-427 and 407 to get downtown or to any calls in any direction in the city, as well as a large amount of restaurants and sports bars within walking distance. Our front desk team would be happy to assist in providing directions and services to help meet up with friends or colleagues.
Please contact me directly if I can be of assistance in the future, and thank you for choosing to stay with us.
Peter Kingsbury

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I had an early flight out so stayed here for proximity to the airport. Lobby is nice and looks pretty new. The prices at the Bistro are reasonable, which is always nice. The bed and linens are very nice and comfortable. But the rest of the room feels older. The thermostat was difficult to change, it felt like I was going to push it through the wall. The noise from the planes can be loud, especially the big planes. The ice maker in the hallway sounds like a prop plane... REALLY loud. The rooms do not have lotion in them standard, which I found to be very odd, but the front desk provided some. The staff is friendly and helpful too. The regularly scheduled airport shuttle is nice as you do not have to call or schedule it. It is OK to stay here for a night, but I would try a different hotel if I had a multi-night stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear MtnMatt1749
I have reviewed your comments with our team and ownership and we take all our guest comments seriously. We had received a couple of comments on the ice machines and we have ordered new units and they are being installed as I write this. The first unit went in last week these units are silent. We have will be putting lotion back in the rooms as this is an item that we have seen on a couple of guest comment cards and now your review. We cannot complete everything that our clients request but we do listen and take our guests suggestions when possible.
Please contact me directly if I can be of assistance in the future or for any comments or questions. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, your business is appreciated.
Peter Kingsbury
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed October 26, 2013

The hotel is conveniently located near the Toronto Airport. Since we had all day meetings in Mississauga, and a late flight in, it made sense to stay by the airport.

The hotel has had the renovation of the lobby to add the "Bistro" that is ubiquitous now a days at the Courtyard. So, the lobby is fresh and new but it looks like that's where the renovations stopped.

The rooms are looking a little tired and in need of a little TLC. Don't get me wrong - it was clean and the linens were newer but the bed was a little firm for my taste and the rest of the furniture in my room was a little long in the tooth.

I've stayed at some of the other airport hotels, but they were full so gave this one a try - will likely go back to one of the others next time...

Winnipeg, MB Canada
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Stayed for one night, picked the hotel based on the whirlpool hot tub: which was closed... for repairs or something. That was disappointing.
Wanted coffee in the morning, but my room's coffee pot was missing the cup where the filter goes, so no coffee.... that was disappointing.

Stayed for business, rooms were nice, and clean, and there was a few restaurants within walking distance so that was good.

Would pick another location next time.

1 Thank Eyeluv2Travel
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Stayed for 1 night on Sep 27. The room is reasonably comfortable and comparable to other Courtyard I have stayed before. It looks a bit old but it's clean and OK. When I checked in, I asked for a wake-up call at 06:30. The phone did not ring until 06:45. Other than that, no major complaints.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Pros: Location is good. Close to airport and walking distance to several restaurants such as Lonestar, Arizonas, Casey's, Mr Greek etc. Lobby recently redone and very nice. Has bar open in evening and basic deli foods. Room was clean.
Cons: beds a little but hard and uncomfortable. No fridge or microwave in room which cost us a lot of money as we had to throw out our take out leftovers quite a few times. Needed Advil badly this morning and desk clerk said she had none. She told me to walk over to Marriott and see what they had. I think this should be a standard item at desk or at the very least she should have offered to call Marriott for me so I did not waste a walk over unnecessarily.

• Stayed September 2013
nova scotia
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Stayed one night enroute from Halifax to Jamaica. Our room had 2 queen beds, table with ergonomic chair, free wifi, clean bathroom with plenty of towels and toiletries and mini fridge.

Really did not hear the aircraft coming or going.

Computers in lobby with print capability so I checked us in online and printed our boarding passes which helped us along the check in lines the next morning.

Complimentary airport shuttle runs every 25 minutes - please tip your driver!

Easy walking distance to several restaurants; we ate at Arizona just down the road and it was very good for 'airport strip' food. Reviewed separately.

Would return...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Residence Inn Toronto Airport
Best Western Premier Toronto Airport Carlingview Hotel
Westin Toronto Airport
#61 of 137 in Toronto
Quality Suites Toronto Airport

Been to Courtyard Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!