“Average Hotel”

Courtyard Toronto Airport
Ranked #74 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I travel to Toronto for work fairly regularly so I get a chance to stay at different hotels. The Courtyard by Marriott is an average hotel. It's a bit older and some of the rooms look it however, it's not by any means a wreck or anything. It's clean, the cleaning service seems professional and prompt and in general an acceptable place to stay however I have stayed at nicer hotels in the same area for less. I do have to say the beds are comfortable, no complaints there.

Things to be aware of: there is no "restaurant" in this hotel so if you're hoping to find a hotel where you actually have a place to sit and eat, there is not an actual restaurant. There is a bistro style bar in the main floor where you can get light/simple meals there such as a burger (btw - it was clear to me the patty was a frozen patty that was defrosted and then cooked on a flat-top/grill), sandwiches, breakfast foods, etc. but it is a fairly simple menu. There are some spots to sit at the bar style counter and some lounge type seating areas and tables but it's limited. There is a "tuck" shop but it is very small and reminiscent of the small closet type tuck shops you see at high schools where you come to a counter style half door and select from a very small array of goods that you can see all from the door. It's better than nothing but as I said, I've stayed at other hotels that are much nicer and cheaper.

I tend to use the fitness facilities if they are available and yes, this hotel has them but the fitness "centre" is very small and the equipment is limited to mostly cardio type elipticals, stair climbers and treadmills and they are packed into the small room. The room has large window/glass walls that allow you to look into the parking lot and allow a lot of natural light so that's nice (the light part that is). The pool and hot tub are nice and look clean.

Overall, the facility is clean acceptable.

Room Tip: One thing to note, if you decide to stay here, avoid the East to North East side of the building as...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
HotelGMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear alany72, thank you for your review on your recent stay with us.
Although we strive to exceed our customers expectations I apologize that we did not do this for you.

Our new concept restaurant is somewhat different then our previous breakfast buffet option. The New "Bistro" offers breakfast and dinner seven days a week with more healthier sit down and grab and go options. Our goal is to give guests calorie options and our recent addition to the menu offers more breakfast and dinner options we hope you can try on your next stay with us.

I appreciate your kind words about our cleaning staff and although we have just compelted renovations to our lobby and restaurant area's we will also be looking at providing some additional enhancements to our fitness room as well.

Should you have any further comments please feel free to reach out to me directly and thank you for the feedback.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Checked in last night due to a canceled flight. The lobby of the hotel is really nice and is in line with most of the new and remodeled Courtyards I've been to. Unfortunately the rest of the hotel has not been remodeled yet. Furniture in the room is dated and chipped. The bed is extremely hard and uncomfortable. The carpet appears worn and dirty. The lamp on the desk has one power outlet, but there are no outlets on bedside tables. If you move the bedside table back you can reach and outlet behind the mattress. The wireless internet is a little flaky. Didn't seem to want to stay connected. A little bit of aircraft noise early in the morning. Putting the air conditioner fan "on" instead of "auto" seemed to drown it out.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
HotelGMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear Mike W, thank you for your review during your recent flight cancellation in Toronto. Although we strive to exceed our customer expectations I apologize that we have not done so. You are correct that our entire main floor was renovated and along with this all our guest rooms were refreshed. New carpet, mattresses and box springs were all added in with the final touch being Fiber Optic internet added in December 2012 which has increased the speed of our internet by about 10x regular cable speed. That said there are outages that may happen from time to time and I apologize if this was the case during your stay.

We hope to welcome you again and I invite you to contact me directly if you are in the area again and I will personally inspect your guest room and ensure your internet strength is verified as well.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

First time back in Canada in about 3 years and was looking for a Marriott property near the airport for a short business meeting stay. This hotel is collocated with a Residence Inn next door. After getting my bags, I called the hotel for a courtesy van pickup and waited about 10-15 minutes to be picked up. We went straight to the hotel which is about 7km from the airport. Check in was quick and easy as usual. Since it was early evening, the Bistro was open for dinner. After 8+ hours, 2 delayed flights and over an hour waiting in immigration, I was more than ready for some dinner and a couple Crown Royals. The room was totally clean and ready for use with no problems. The hotel has a 24 hour fitness room equipped with 2 treadmills, 1 elliptical and 1 regular bike. All but the bike have integral TV's with iPod interfaces and remote control. Weight bench and some dumbbells are also available. Equipment appears to be in very good condition. There is also a pool and spa. I had breakfast the next day and, as usual, it was great and just enough to hold me over til lunchtime. Too bad there is no lunch service at the Bistro. With no car, I was at the mercy of the hotel shuttle which ended up having time to take me down the street (pouring rain, 5C and foggy) for a quick take-out sandwich and soup. Thanks very much Mr. shuttle driver!

5  Thank Tech-trekker

Dear Tech-trekker, thank you for your kind words on your recent stay with us.
Comments such as yours inspire our team and I will certainly share your comments with them.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Very convenient place to stay the night before a trip and to leave our car.
The Courtyard is close to the airport and easy to find just off Dixon Road. The combined rate to stay one night and to park for a week was reasonable.
The room we had was clean and spacious--everything to like there. The Marriott shuttle to the airport was quick and easy. But the pickup at the airport on our return was delayed and uses a bus shared with other hotels.
There seems to be lots of room for parking in a lot much more convenient and less crowded than Park 'n Fly.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wjames5
HotelGMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear wjames5, thank you for sharing your stopover experience with other travelers. Our close proximity to Pearson International Airport makes the Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Airport a sought after hotel in the airport area. With respect to your return trip on the shuttle I will certainly address this with our shuttle provider and thank you for your kind words.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I stayed at the Courtyard for four nights for a business. I thought the room charge was quite high for the standard of the hotel - there was quite a range in charges between the group I was travelling with.
The facilities at the hotel are basic but adequate. There is a nice bar - Arizonas and The Keg steakhouse within walking distance.
The service from the hotel staff was excellent - very helpful and friendly.
The rooms are clean and comfortable but the decor was very dated.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank CDinBKK
HotelGMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear CDinBKK, thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us. I am very happy to hear you had a great experience with our associates as they are truly are #1 asset. In 2012 we completed a full ground floor renovation and all of our guestrooms received new carpet, mattresses, box springs and paint with a final touch of complimentary fiber optic internet service for our customers. Our plan is to continue additional improvements to the hotel while minimizing guest interruption. We hope to welcome you again to the Courtyard and your comments are appreciated and will certainly be noted.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

From the super cherry young lady in the breakfast room to the great guys in the restaurant bar this Courtyard is outstanding!

One employee in particular that is in the food bar taking orders, mixing drinks, playing barrista is always calm, cool and accomodating. His name is Correy and he is THE BEST! Hopefully his employer will give him a raise or a promotion of some sort as he clearly deserves it. Although I would like him to be there when I next come back (:

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Pamela C
HotelGMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Dear Pamela C, thank you for posting your experience for other potential customers. Comments such as yours truly inspire our hardworking associates. When we completed our lobby and restaurant renovations we have gone with the slogan "It's a New Stay" and I am happy to hear you experienced this.
I have posted your comments for our associates to read and will personally share them with Corey.

We look forward to welcoming you again to the Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Airport.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Great service. Everyone was very friendly and really wanted to make your stay pleasant. Good news is there is a Keg Steakhouse about 3 blocks away

The lobby has been remolded but the room are a little dated. Carpet has bad stains and the bathroom is your typical old school courtyard. Not a bad hotel but not in the best shape

• Stayed: January 2013
HotelGMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear BLG_houston, thank you for sharing your experience with us. Although we strive to exceed expectations I apologize that this was not the case on your stay with us. You are correct that our entire lobby, restaurant and public spaces were renovated and completed in January 2013. Our guestrooms did all receive new carpet, mattresses and box springs and are freshly painted. If you would be so kind to email me directly with your room number I will certainly be more than happy to inspect the room you stayed in.

We hope to welcome you again to the hotel in the near future.

Anto Vrdoljak

Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Toronto Airport Marriott Hotel
Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport
The Westin Toronto Airport
#62 of 138 in Toronto
Best Western Premier Toronto Airport Carlingview Hotel

Been to Courtyard Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!