“Great Greek food at a great price”
Review of George the Greek

George the Greek
Ranked #1,682 of 8,851 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Greek
Neighborhood: Etobicoke
Neighborhood: Etobicoke
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I have a personal slant on this restaurant because my mother lives in the neighbourhood and has been going to George's a couple of times a week, if not daily, for the past 20 years. So of course every time I'm in Toronto I go to George's with her at least once. She has come to know the family proprietors, and they are such friendly, lovely people, and the food is so good and reasonably priced, that they have a large and loyal clientele. Great salad and souvlaki. Great for takeaway, too. The lemon potatoes are delicious. Oh, and they do a 'Greek poutine'. I've never had the nerve to try it.

1  Thank Noor1

Reviewed November 21, 2011

It's a small quaint restaurant that seems to be family owned serving large portions of Greek/Mediterranean food at very affordable prices. My wife and I definitely order take out which we pick up, the Chicken Dinner Souvlaki is our favorite which includes a salad, tzatziki sauce, and some potatoes though the lamb dishes are great to try out as well.

2  Thank NoelTraveller
Reviewed July 29, 2011

George's is a great little place for Greek food, other diner food and they make a great pizza!
Not too expensive and friendly.

2  Thank LongBranch34