“First Thai Experience”

Neighborhood: Midtown
San Jose, CA
“First Thai Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

Restaurant was recommended by a tour guide on Citysearch Hop On Hop Off bus. Hadn't eaten Thai food before, but like spicy Chinese and thought we'd try it. Restaurant, including bathrooms (downstairs) were very clean. We had the combo lunch with lemongrass soup, spring roll, small salad, and cashew chicken stir fry. Everything was very good. I had my doubts about lemongrass soup, but liked it. You have a choice of mild, medium spicy or very spicy. Price for the combo lunch is $6.95 - $8.75.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank RobinC21

Ontario's Near North, Canada
“Good Thai Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

We had Tom Yum soup, it was a coconut based, nice flavors, you can also have it Thai hot if you prefer. We had beef and chicken satays, the chicken was moist but the beef was a little over cooked. If you order two or more satays you get a very tasty peanut sauce. We ordered a couple of curries, again nice flavours. The décor is a little tired but it didn't take away from the good food. The staff was friendly and attentive. Overall the portions were good, flavourful and reasonably priced.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank SkidRoad
Toronto, Canada
“This restaurant has gone downhill.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

Thai Basil used to be a go-to place for lunch combo take-out, and was a nice place to eat at as well. On my last visit, my first in at least six months, the food was not as good as I remembered it being, and the rips in the material of the booths were covered in duct tape. Very unprofessional, and overpriced.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank sherbear82
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
“Cozy Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

I really liked this restaurant. I was reading the other reviews that were not so great, but I enjoyed everything (chicken satay, pad thai with veggies, and yellow curry chicken). I thought everything was very flavorful and had no complaints. My husband didn't really enjoy it too much though. And when we got there it was kind of awkward waiting in the hallway to get a table, watching people eat. The restaurant was very small and crowded, but luckily we got a small table right near the front windows!

• Visited March 2013
Toronto, Canada
“delicious and friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I 've often had lunch at Thai Basil which is economical and tasty. Last night I had dinner there with friends which was a much more elegant experience. The grilled calamari appetizer was amazing and the curries wonderful. But best of all, we were left to finish our drinks and talk without being rushed or hurried. The beautiful devor was very conducive to this.

A great experience which we will repeat!

• Visited February 2013