“Cozy Place”

Neighborhood: Midtown
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
“Cozy Place”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I really liked this restaurant. I was reading the other reviews that were not so great, but I enjoyed everything (chicken satay, pad thai with veggies, and yellow curry chicken). I thought everything was very flavorful and had no complaints. My husband didn't really enjoy it too much though. And when we got there it was kind of awkward waiting in the hallway to get a table, watching people eat. The restaurant was very small and crowded, but luckily we got a small table right near the front windows!

• Visited March 2013

Toronto, Canada
“delicious and friendly”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I 've often had lunch at Thai Basil which is economical and tasty. Last night I had dinner there with friends which was a much more elegant experience. The grilled calamari appetizer was amazing and the curries wonderful. But best of all, we were left to finish our drinks and talk without being rushed or hurried. The beautiful devor was very conducive to this.

A great experience which we will repeat!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank iceheart
Toronto, Canada
“It's tolerable I suppose...”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

The first thing that struck me about this restaurant was the rudeness of our waitress. It was our first time at this restaurant so we had a few question about the menu, but she just seemed very impatient and annoyed.
The food itself was very average, not the best pad thai though. The price was ok. The seating was a bit crammed. Anyway, don't think will be going back to this restaurant.

Visited May 2012
Toronto
“Average food at best...dishonest!”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We went to Thai Basil because a friend had given us a $50 gift certificate for the restaurant. We decided to get take out. After making a number of selections and handing over the gift certificate I found it odd that we didn't get a bill/total and any change back (and we weren't asked to pay more). I thought we might be slightly under $50 so I inquired to discover that the total with taxes had come to $44 and so many cents. I was disappointed that we weren't given change or a partial credit, or informed that we had not used the entire $50 and encouraged to choose an additional item to get full value. When I did choose another item the the new total was $50.12---and you guessed it! They made me break a $20 to pay the 12 cents, even though they were first inclined not to give me back over $5 from the gift card, or at least have the decency to let me know about the balance that they were simply going to take from me.

While that dishonest experience was enough to make us consider to never return again, the food was average at best and as a result I will never return to Thai Basil. Real Thailand just east on Bloor is now our favourite Thai restaurant in Toronto (we also like Coco Rice at King and Bathurst) and we've never looked back.

• Visited September 2011
2 Thank Dave_Shutterbug
Miami, Florida, United States
“Underwhelmed”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I was so excited to go back to Thai Basil as we have been for the last two years on our annual trip to Toronto. I'm not sure what happened, if the chef was tired (we got there at 9 and they close at 10 on Sundays) but we were a bit disappointed. The tom kha kai soup was flavourful as well as the satai, however the lettuce wraps were only ok. For entrees two people ordered green curry one ordered red and three ordered various pad thai (chicken and shrimp, only chicken and only shrimp). Only my friend with the chicken was raving that it was fantastic. The green curry was a bit salty for my taste and they have a new policy: if you want rice with your curry you have to pay extra!? Last year it was included and they put the extra details of molding it into a star, but I'm sure most people eat rice with their curry so I'm not sure why you would be charged extra. I will say the dessert was delicious, we had fried bananas with fresh mango ice cream for one couple and with coconut ice cream for the other couple. The coconut milkshake was also enjoyable. Overall this time around it wasnt completely enjoyable because I hyped it up for the rest of our friends who had never been, My suggestion, go for lunch or an early dinner

Visited August 2012