“Fantastic”
Review of Porchetta & Co.

Porchetta & Co.
Ranked #870 of 8,847 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian
Neighborhood: Downtown
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Simple, straightforward, and delicious. Definitely my favourite sandwich in the city (the house special or the Saturday-only breakfast sandwich with smoked gouda and a fried egg are the best) and happily close to where I live. Tender, flavourful pork, nice soft roll, and crispy little bits of crackling. Their soups are usually excellent, as well. If you're there during soft-shelled crab season, do yourself a favour and get the soft-shelled crab po'boy.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Really great pork sandwich, with crunchy crackling nicely interspersed throughout. My favourite combo of toppings is rapini, parmesan, mustard and hot sauce. Out of this world. This is a tiny little place with counter space for 4 people only. Staff are super nice and easy going. My new favourite sandwich place....

Reviewed May 28, 2013

It's like Lays potato chips...you can't eat just one. Simple concept, but brilliant execution. Sandwiches are crispy, crunchy, moist. The staff are very helpful and friendly, it helps when your product sells itself!

1  Thank MrFozziedoggie
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Not just your average sandwich. We waited in line for our sandwiches but were not disappointed. Great bread, pork was delicious and the crackling was fabulous. Well worth the wait.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Reading the reviews here and elsewhere Porchetta and Co was a definite must on my trip. It's a little bit outside the CBD but a pretty easy walk and well worth it. I went in the early afternoon and there was no queue but there was also no seating available. I got the sandwich with mushrooms, parmesan and rapini - it was fantastic with the pork juicy and the crackling providing important texture as well as being delicious. Importantly the bun from the local Cadanese Bakery was perfect, with just the right amount of resistance to it.

I enjoyed it so much that I went back a couple of days later and tried the sandwich with mozzarella and truffle sauce. Surprisingly, since I love truffle, I didn't quite enjoy this as much - it didn't have the same flavour balance to it but the pork, bun and crackling were still great.