“Terrific thai restaurant downtown Toronto”
Review of Khao San Road

Khao San Road
Ranked #125 of 8,506 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Ottawa
“Terrific thai restaurant downtown Toronto”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

During a recent family vacation our hotel concierge recommended a few thai restaurants and Khao San Road was on the top of their list. We arrived after 1 pm and it was quite busy. Food looked terrific. We ordered two options of the pad thai as well as the chicken, potato yellow curry dish and another house specialty with chicken, peppers, garlic, etc. Food took a while to get to our table as our server was busy but when it arrived, it was terrific and our water glasses were filled often. Staff were friendly and willing to answer questions. Food is well priced and portion size is more than ample. We will definitely visit again!!

• Korean first
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Great thai at great prices”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Found this place on Tripadvisor....so glad we made the trek from our hotel here! It was packed (always a good sign). We decided on takeout vs squishing in at a communal table. They put old us 40 min but it was about 25min. Pad thai and red curry was so good and probably the cheapest meal we had during our toronto weekend. I highly recommend!!!!

Thunder Bay, Ontario
“Meh...it was ok”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

The best part about our meal was the appetizers. I would recommend the squash fritters. 3 in our group ordered Pad Thai. It was average. I have had better Thai food in Toronto and definitely in Vancouver. The best part about the meal was watching one of our party eating the Pad Thai at a #6 heat level....very entertaining. The 4th person in our party ordered a signature dish Khao Soi...it was soup...mostly coconut milk and not great. We did not have a long wait to be seated and the service was very good. Unfortunately we did not enjoy the food as much as others.

Toronto, Canada
“Best Birthday Dinner - A New Tradition is Born”
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

I have been going to the my OLD favorite thai restaurant onbirthday for the past 20 years in Ottawa, and missed it for the first time this year. Being in Toronto, I decided to go for Khao San Road for the first time because of the reputation. I now have a new favorite restaurant!

The flavours are absolute heaven, speaking to the owner you can tell the care and attention to subtle details that the entire kitchen staff and chef have. It is truly a delight for anyone who loves spice. The number 11 spice level, paying homage to spinal tap, is absolutely the most spicey you are going to find in Canada. I had the pad kee mao which I as exception for spice.

My wife does not like spice, and I am happy to say that Khao San Road has a very respectful mild. We had the green curry and pad thai and my wife had no burning at all. Can't handle spice? Don't worry you'll still get incredible flavour, Wow does that pad thai ever stay on your tongue and keeps evolving subtle flavours over a minute after you have taken your bite. Amazing.

We have a new tradition for my birthday, there is no better in Canada. Worth the wait, the effort and well worth the pain if you can take the spice.. Get ready for a flavour roller coaster ride!!

Fairbury, Illinois, United States
“Khao San Road WOW”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

The line at Khao San Road kind of speaks for itself. The place was packed with quite a line outside, but with an announced 30 minute wait we were in in less than 15 minutes. The pad gra prao
with chicken was cooked with only a 1 (mild) yet had a little heat. The red bell pepper, onion, garlic, fresh green chili, holy basil, served with fried egg, on rice. The pad see with pork with wide rice noodles, chinese broccoli, egg, garlic, oyster sauce, soy sauce was cooked to perfection. The pad kee mao with chicken rice noodles, long green pepper, bamboo shoot, egg, thai basil, fresh green chili, garlic, oyster sauce, soy sauce was too much for 1 person to eat. This place is a hidden gem, but well worth the short wait.