“Good food ... but not sure it's worth the wait”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Khao San Road

Khao San Road
Ranked #118 of 8,432 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Downtown West
“Good food ... but not sure it's worth the wait”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

I've heard so many great things about this place and tried going there a couple of times in the past but the wait times have always been over 45 minutes, they don't take reservations. I ended up going here with a friend on a Monday evening (just after 5), the place was empty so I figured I no wait times. But I was early and they wouldn't seat me until all parties arrive. So I had to wait at the door until my friend arrived. Once we got seated, the place filled up fairly quickly and it got fairly loud, which can be a challenge if you are trying to have a conversation.
The food was fairly good by north american standards, but still cannot be compared to the real Thai. I just find the whole wait system to be a very bad customer experience and don't understand how people can line up for more than 10 minutes for a table. I definitely won't be going back.

• Visited June 2013

• Korean first
Toronto
“Best Thai in Toronto”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

I wish all Thai restaurants could hit a high note like Khao San Road. Every bite is delectable. Probably the best pad thai I'd every had in my life and every curry was outstanding.

Visited June 2013
Toronto, ON
“Great spot to always grab good Thai food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

It's not a big place but it gets crowded with lineups every time we go there to eat so go early right at 5 pm when they open. This restaurant is really delicious offering both vegan and regular menu options.

We have lived in Bangkok years ago and my husband is Thai so we know authentic Thai cuisine. Their Shrimp Pad Thai and Basil Chicken rocks! Their Massaman curry is delicious and their Thai iced tea always brings me back to memories of having the same thing in a bag and straw in Thailand.

And as a dessert lover, though they only serve one dessert, it's just perfect - tapioca in sweet coconut milk. This will do for now until we go back to the real Khao San Road.

Visited April 2013
Rochester, New York
“Great Food, Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

We were lucky to have stumbled upon this place. The ambiance is absolutely perfect. During the summer, the whole restaurant is open air. I loved the cozy seating that allowed us to chat with the patrons around us. The service was far and away the best we had in Toronto. Our waiter was friendly, the food came out quickly, and water was constantly refilled. The owner was walking around, and was so friendly and genuine. He answered questions, and gave us recommendations for other great restaurants in the city (his favorite places to eat!) The food was fantastic. An excellent, balanced pad thai with big portions and great prices.

My only recommendation is to come early! We happened to show up at 5:30pm, and got seated right away. The joint is very small, and by the time we left around 6:15, there was a line down the block!

An absolutely must if you are visiting Toronto.

• Visited June 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Best thai food in Toronto!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

If you are looking for the best Thai food place in Toronto go here! The Pad Thai and the yellow curry are marvelous! Only problem... it is always busy, be patient or go for lunch on a Saturday.

Visited January 2013